Just Labradors banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone else see this video clip that popped up recently??

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/06/12/jon-kate-plus-8-mom-denie_n_214862.html

Obviously, this is only a clip & there is quite likely more before or after what we see here. Regardless of that, it certainly does not show her in a very good light.

I understand kids can be whiney (alot sometimes), but what on earth would possess you to listen to your child whine about being thirsty, ask for a bottle of water, take a drink of that water in front of said thirsty child & put the bottle down without offering the child any? And to do all this while you know there are cameras running.

·
Registered
14,287 Posts
The only thing I can figure is that she knows if she gives maddy a sip, she'll have to give EVERYONE a sip, or risk and on air meltdown-hissyfit. They were about to go live. She probably figured, better to give them their own drink AFTER the interview, as she mentioned to them. I don't know how her kids work, but if I gave Olivia a sip, Anna , whether thirsty or not, would "need" a sip. Imagine that x8. The cameras were about to roll. That said, she seemed pretty distracted, and almost ignoring Maddy's whine.

If I was going to have a drink myself, I'd have asked the cameras to hold on a minute for a hydration break for everyone.

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
The best thing for that family would to get out of filming. I imagine everyone has a bad parent moment and I would hate the world judging me. I watched Jon and Kate regularly for a year because she had some kids with issues and I like watching another regular parent cope, but I haven't watch this last season since she was really mean to jon on one episode.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Now tell me those children aren't working! That is so sad. Regardless of what eastcoastmom said, she listened to her child cry for water then drank one right in front of her face! That is just so terribly mean. And thankfully Maddy said so!

·
Registered
14,287 Posts
Now tell me those children aren't working! That is so sad. Regardless of what eastcoastmom said, she listened to her child cry for water then drank one right in front of her face! That is just so terribly mean. And thankfully Maddy said so!
That's the really rude part, IMO. Not making her wait til the interview was over, but drinking in front of her after she said she was so thirsty. =(

1 - 7 of 7 Posts