·
Registered
1,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Husband/wife? I'm bored today.

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
We went to the same HS and the same College (grew up in neighboring parishes, about 3 miles from each other). We knew each other only peripherally in HS but the relationship deepened in College.

·
Registered
13,529 Posts
At work - he worked hotline at the time and I worked pantry. I threw grapes at him through the pass, or so he says. I just threw **** at everyone in those days. According to him, being hit by grapes = interest and flirtation.

I wonder what would have happened if I'd thrown my shoe?

·
Registered
3,209 Posts
I was in college and got a part time job answering phones. He worked there and I took a message for him that his playoff tickets for the Bears came in. I wrote on the bottom of the message "You have Bears tickets?!!!! :)". Our first date was the Bears playoff game.....and the rest is history.

·
Registered
9,693 Posts
At a fraternity party - after his exfrat bro left me and my daughter. Glad he left!

ETA - ex brought new f buddy to hospital while I was in labor.

·
Registered
3,209 Posts
At work - he worked hotline at the time and I worked pantry. I threw grapes at him through the pass, or so he says. I just threw **** at everyone in those days. According to him, being hit by grapes = interest and flirtation.

I wonder what would have happened if I'd thrown my shoe?
It's never too late to find out. Lay in wait for him tonight and throw a shoe when he comes in the door!!!:D Let me know how that works.

(How's the sweater?)

·
Registered
10,636 Posts
I was going to college and working part time at a day care. I drove the after school van to pick up kids. He was a teacher at one of the schools. He had after school duty and had to wait with the kids. He asked one of the kids my name. This kid took it upon himself to play matchmaker and told me his teacher wanted me to call him to speak to him about the kids behavior while waiting to be picked up. I did......
Funny thing was He happened to be dating someone at the time. He broke up with her to take me out and the rest is history. = )

·
Registered
13,529 Posts
It's never too late to find out. Lay in wait for him tonight and throw a shoe when he comes in the door!!!:D Let me know how that works.

(How's the sweater?)
I think I have thrown shoes at him since - or at least a boot.....

The sweater is in a bag buried in my Monica Closet. All these posts about knitting is making me want to restart though. I just get stuck and then can't get ahead and put it away... Now I'm pretty sure I'll have to rip some out and start again in places....

·
Registered
6,114 Posts
At a golf course. We used to play every saturday and sunday morning with different foursomes and we were the only people who wanted to play a second round in the afternoon, so eventually we started hanging out together at the golf course. I developed a crush very quickly and stalked him for about a year until he figured out he was in love with me. Three days later we moved in together and got married a few months after that.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
He had been dating my best friend for a couple of weeks. She was at college and was sleeping with every guy in her dorm, so I stole him away. :) The best **** thing I've ever done, I cannot imagine my life without him and our boys. :)

·
Registered
26,306 Posts
I was going to college and working part time at a day care. I drove the after school van to pick up kids. He was a teacher at one of the schools. He had after school duty and had to wait with the kids. He asked one of the kids my name. This kid took it upon himself to play matchmaker and told me his teacher wanted me to call him to speak to him about the kids behavior while waiting to be picked up. I did......
Funny thing was He happened to be dating someone at the time. He broke up with her to take me out and the rest is history. = )
and where is that kid today? :)

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
He had gotten a baby ferret and had questions about how to take care of it. A mutual friend of ours gave him my e-mail address since I had ferrets. I answered him, and we just started e-mailing each other back and forth for about a year as friends. We both were dating other people, and our relationships ended about the same time. We had A LOT in common so we agreed to meet. I figured he would end up being just a good friend, but we married 6 months after we met. :). We've been married almost 11 years, and I'm so glad he picked up that ferret he was clueless about.

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Yahoo! I'd just got out of a relationship and moved back to town. I had a profile up and he responded. Something about him response really sparked my interest, after messaging each other for a week or two we started talking on the phone for a few weeks and finally decided to meet. I think we saw each other ever day after that we just really hit it off. Moved in together after a year and a half and got married a year and a half later.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts