Just Labradors banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:( :( :( :(

We've had it here, from Netflix, for over a month. Bill didn't want to watch it. The end reminded me too much of Shadow's last moments. Now I wish I hadn't watched it.

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I watched Brigadoon after Marley and Me, and it's helped me a little to get out of the blue funk I was in.

If you have ever been with a dog that was put down, it's **** near unberable to watch.

·
Registered
22,832 Posts
I bought it so I could watch it at home....haven't opend it yet. I read the book..so I probably will wait awhile to watch it. I know I will cry my eyes out.

·
Registered
601 Posts
I refuse to read the book or watch the movie.

I don't want to cry my eyes out at it. I was the little girl who had to read "Stone Fox" in the 4th grade and I started bawling and the teacher asked what was wrong and I just kept bawling saying "It's so sad." My classmates teased me about for ever, and then we had to watch the movie of it and everyone just stared to see when I would start crying.

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
I read the book and watched the movie. I cried and cried at the end of the movie. It wouldn't have been so bad had it been based on fiction.

·
Registered
11,446 Posts
I read the book and balled my eyes out.. not just crying, but the whole-hearted sobbing that physically hurt. Then for some stupid reason I went to the movie with a friend and saw it in theater. She doesn't even have a dog, and even she was balling her eyes out.

Such a tear-jerker.. it especially hits home because it's a Lab.. but with any animal, those last moments just tear your heart right out. :(

Jackie, do you need me to send you a few boxes of tissues to replenish the ones you used up? ;)

·
Registered
21,715 Posts
I bought it so I could watch it at home....haven't opend it yet. I read the book..so I probably will wait awhile to watch it. I know I will cry my eyes out.
Yeah Georgie I recommend that you don't even bother with Kleenex, just go for a big old towel, I was a blubbering mess. For me the book was way worse but I read it only a couple of months after losing our Aspen! Bad Bad mistake, I think DH thought we was going to have to commit me:eek:

·
Registered
16,129 Posts
I can't watch it. I can handle pretty difficult stuff in movies and books, and I don't like them sugarcoated. But this movie--can't do it, sorry.

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I can't watch it. I can handle pretty difficult stuff in movies and books, and I don't like them sugarcoated. But this movie--can't do it, sorry.
For people who think of dogs as 'just dogs,' I think it's fine. For those of us who have a real relationship with our dogs, and especially who have lost dogs we love, I would recommend NOT seeing it. I wish I had never watched it.

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
and then we had to watch the movie of it
Ditto. But it was 7th Grade. And "Brian's Song." What the hell were those nuns thinking??

·
Registered
7,129 Posts
I don't have any interest in watching it. I was scarred enough as a child by Old Yeller and Where the Red Fern Grows.

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
The book is absolutely hilarious until the sad end so I always tell people to read the book up to the chapter about the chickens then stop. That way you can enjoy all of the humor.
After reading all of the movie reviews I decided to skip it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts