Just Labradors banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
to Cappy for all of the memories ...

This morning's sunrise gave us cause to hope that the final day of the waterfowl season would be a bright one.

It was the last day of our 10th duck season together. Alas, neither of us are as young and spry as we were back in the day. But such is the price we pay for the many wonderful years we've shared. This is a 1 year old Cappy intently watching daddy put his camo clothes on. He knew what that meant even then.

After today's hunt was over we cleaned out the blinds, picked up and loaded all the decoys and got ready to head home. But first we walked down to water's edge and reflected on the year together. We looked North, where the birds all come from, and said a quiet thanks for these past 10 years together and then dared to whisper a hope that maybe, just maybe ... there might just be one more ahead for us.

·
Registered
28,830 Posts
God has blessed you both. God has blessed you both.
Hold that gift close and dear to your vest.
And please give that good dog a kind and gentle touch from me, won't you.

Well done, boys. Well done!

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
I so enjoy your stories and pictures. I hope you do have that next season together.

·
Registered
4,369 Posts
Beautiful. Put a smile on my face and a small tear in my eye too. I hope you guys get that next season. Love the pics.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Wow, beautifully said (sigh). Here's to many more hunts.

·
Registered
21,715 Posts
Beautiful pictures and wonderful stories, I enjoy each and everyone of them! Have to say I was a bit choked up reading your heart felt words!

·
Registered
6,676 Posts
TO another year in the brush. Hail the mighty Cappy.

·
Registered
8,376 Posts
Wishing you many more hunting seasoms ahead with your dear friend Cappy!

·
Registered
13,489 Posts
I hope you and Cappy have many more years together. I love listening to your stories and looking at your beautiful pictures. You bring tears to my eyes. I really like the second picture. I think that should be framed and put where you can relive all of your happy memories for all the years to come. :happy:

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
joflake said:
I hope you and Cappy have many more years together. I love listening to your stories and looking at your beautiful pictures. You bring tears to my eyes. I really like the second picture. I think that should be framed and put where you can relive all of your happy memories for all the years to come. :happy:
That's a great idea. Maybe near the puter where I can see it whenever I'm on?

:laugh:

·
Registered
10,307 Posts
Jim,

Why does that picture not surprise me? You have shared 10+ year with Cappy and it is obvious from your posts the bond that has formed between the two of you. Hopefully there will be many more to come. I am confident that if Cappy wants to go with you, you will have him in the blind. What are the chances that he won't want to go. You take great care of your dogs and I am confident there are more years left for you to share.

·
Registered
16,472 Posts
This picture:

***sigh***

yes, it does belong in a frame. That picture in itself tells the whole story.

·
Registered
12,420 Posts
Oh Jim, next year will be here before you know it and you and Cappy will be at it again. I love the 2nd photo, it's just beautiful. You can just feel the bond and the love between you two. {{HUGS}} for both of you.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts