Just Labradors banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
21,715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We will be taking a trip next week, our son will be home for 10days- and I so miss him. We will be taking a family trip to Bend OR. so hubs and the kids can go skiing, and I can do some hiking or cross country skiing. Many folks at my work thought I should not bother taking Sammi. "To much work", "it won't matter to her","Just kennel her". My reaction is "What the heck", luckily hubs and the kids want her with us, so I have done the research and found many "pet friendly" places to stay. Am I wrong? It is a little more work, but she is part of our family, how can we just leave her behind. What our these people thinking? Funny thing is they all say they just "love their Pets". Anyway, Sammi will be coming along and we all will be better for it!! ;D

·
Registered
8,793 Posts
I bring Peanut everywhere possible with me, I think having her along makes it all the more fun!! (actually, I've actually gone to the cottage on occasions where I didn't necessarily want to, so that she could go.. oh jeez..I'm one of those people aren't I?? ::) ;D ::))

To add to your thought, I actually had one lady tell me at the SPCA how much she loved her dog (2 year old silky terrier), how sweet and kind she was, and then in the next sentence tell me that she just had to give her up because she had just painted her living room and "penny" clashed with the color she'd used and that just wouldn't do.... but penny was beautiful, got adopted like, three days later, so it's all good!!

People can be pretty odd!

G

·
No, it isnt wrong ! :eek:

As you already said, you're Labrador is a part of the family, and if you travel and it is possible ofcourse, i just should take her with you where ever you go! ;)

And i've read that you're going to go gross country hiking, trust me, that is just the type of thing Labrador's love to do! ;D

So, just take her with you on vacation, and both of you have a fun time! 8)

·
Registered
10,664 Posts
I like taking my girls on trips with us. We found a few pet friendly places in our usual haunts and they love it. We like outdoor activities, so labs are a nice fit.

·
Registered
2,790 Posts
When we go away for the weekend - Rowan's crate and she come along with us! I wouldn't have it any other way - afterall, she is my baby! ;)
I haven't figured out how we will travel with two full sized girls when the time comes..... but that will be a few months down the road.. and how knows... maybe we'll have a truck by then. ;D

Good for you - Sammi will have a blast I am sure. ;)

·
Registered
4,419 Posts
I agree, if they are part of the family, then they need to go too !! Hey, haven't you seen that commercial with the dogs on boats cruising around.... it says "dogs need weekends too" !

Melissa
;)

·
Registered
6,645 Posts
Sammi will have the best time! I always try to take the dogs with me whenever possible.
I'm so jealous of your vacation! Bend is such a beautiful place. I've only been there once (years ago). My sister and her family will be there and in Eugene this summer.

·
Registered
21,715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks everyone! Knew I could find some support here. Not that I needed it, just sometimes you wonder if your going over "the top" ;)

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
I think that is great that you are bringing him along!!!

We are taking a hiking trip to the Smokies next month and dogs are not allowed in the Smokies. :( Plus we will hike much longer distances than is safe for Jake at his age. This trip had been planned months before Jake's arrival (he was dumped out near our home Dec 1). My mom and dad are going to grandpup-sit but I will feel terrible leaving him!

·
Registered
3,110 Posts
How nice she'll be going along....she'll love the trip too I bet :)

·
Registered
6,676 Posts
I don't get people. My dogs will go where ever I go...if it's possible. (Obviously I can't take them on business trips)....I'd miss them too much if I was having fun and they were kenneled.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts