Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
16,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I didn't get the job. A superstar came out of the blue, someone with a lot more relevant experience than I have.

Oh, well, back to the drawing board.

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
I'm sorry, Nathan =( What's going on with your current job? Do you know how long you'll be able to keep it?

·
Registered
8,472 Posts
Oh, gosh!! I'm terribly sorry!! Give yourself a great treat to take the edge off the disappointment. But, hopefully, you've gained some experience from this that will be helpful later.

·
Registered
16,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks. On the bright side, I think I am close to having commitments to fund my position for one more year. I am lucky to have a job.

But I really was starting to want that other job--I had actually figured out how to work around all the difficulties. :(

It's hard not to feel like a failure when you're turned down by people you know really well. I know, *rationally* blah blah blah, but I'm talking about how it feels.

·
Registered
8,657 Posts
I'm sorry - but something better will turn up. I know you had a lot of concerns about the job and I know you'll find something that you'll like better. And you'll always be a superstar in my book :)

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
Well that's a disappointment.

Time to get going on that best-selling novel. Or symphony. Or comic book: The Adventures of Theoconbrio! Dreamworks is calling; they're interested in the latter for an animated film!

·
Registered
6,548 Posts
I'm really sorry, Nathan. I hope you get those funding commitments nailed down so you don't have to worry, at least not for another year. =)

·
Registered
6,114 Posts
Sorry Nathan. It's a weird thing how disappointing it can be to not get something you weren't even sure you wanted to begin with.

You can be our superstar. Although of course you're going to have to work nights and weekends and the pay sucks.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts