Just Labradors banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just had lunch with my nephew. He is being deployed next month to Afganistan, he's a Marine. It scares the hell out of me. He dropped a bomb on me last night, he's engaged. :eek: He's only 19. :eek: I met his fiance and she is really nice. Seems like a smart girl that is planning for her future. She is going to nursing school and was accepted to Michigan. She seems scared about him going too. For the first time ever I think Brandon is finally happy. I am happy for them.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
It never ceases to amaze me that a 19 year old can fight in a war, but can't legally drink.

I wish him well, may he return safely!! :)

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
I hope he returns home safely.

Me and Jason married when I was 19 so sometimes it works out even when you're young. :)

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Those guys are funny! :D

·
Registered
11,446 Posts
I'm older than your nephew by a couple years but it's really starting to freak me out how many of my friends or people I knew from high school are either a) engaged, b) getting married) or c) having babies. :eek: That won't be me for a while.. not til I'm done with school in 6 years!!

·
Registered
3,895 Posts
best thoughts for his tour
I HATE it when I people I love/care about are serving (usually Afganistan as I'm Canadian but my cuz was in Iraq)

I read a book that made me cry this week - Journal for Jordan
what a love story ...
you may want to avoid it though

1 - 11 of 11 Posts