Just Labradors banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was outside in the yard when Emilu started barking her head off and running towards the woods. I looked up and there were 5 workhorses coming down one of our trails and into the yard! SU was there too - we really didn't know what to do with them. They belong to the Amish family that live down the end of our road, but their property abuts ours, through the woods and up over the hill. They were quite content to eat our grass and tramp up the yard, but even if we caught one or 2, we really didn't know what to do with them. They were HUGE:) SU drove to the house, but it is 'free fishing" day and the whole family was gone. I then drove to some other Amish families down the other road to try to get some help - they really weren't all the excitied about it. Finally rounded up 2 kids who brought ropes and a bucket of grain (my idea) We caught one horse, but the others trotted off up another trail. SU and the boys followed them to where they thought they were going back "home". Now we have one unhappy horse tied up in our yard. I think he is going to stay there until the family comes home and can get him. Trouble is - you can't call them on the phone!

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
We've had one horse get loose from a neighbor's and she always comes to our yard. She loves our grass. The first time it happend, hubby tried to put her back in her yard. Unfortunately for hubby, there was a wire on the ground to which he pushed down on and it shocked the **** out of him. He said it knocked him back a couple of feet. After that we just learned to keep her in our yard until the neighbors get home. LOL

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Pat, what happened with the last horse -did you get him back home?

·
Registered
8,657 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
SU drove to the Amish house again and let the wife know that we had the horse tied up in our yard. When he got home he drove a wagon up to our place, tied the horse to the side of it, and drove on back home.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Oh good! :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts