Just Labradors banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
volunteering at one of the local dog rescues. It just breaks my heart but we are pretty sure that at least one of them will be adopted if the home visit goes well.

There were 3 Labs there. One was a yellow lab, gorgeous boy named Buck, another was a black lab. The black lab just made me so sad. She is the product of a BYB and she was bred horribly. Has all kind of weird things going on. :(

Then there was a gorgeous Pit bull/Chocolate lab mix. He has the perfect mix of both and boy is he a big boy. He's 11 months and is around 90lbs right now. Pure muscle! I would take him in a heartbeat if I could. He just finished an obedience class and is so well behaved.

*Sigh* This was the first of many things I'll do to help out. I'm good with planning fundraisers and things of that sort so I hope that we can get more of these dogs out to the right homes! :D

·
Registered
8,657 Posts
Bless your heart! The doggies certainly appreciate it. I'm not sure I could work in a shelter either - I think I would be too sad.

·
Registered
11,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Bless your heart! The doggies certainly appreciate it. I'm not sure I could work in a shelter either - I think I would be too sad.
Yeah.. It's really hard but at the same time, I know that we are doing something good to make their lives better. I just get really sad and angry when I see all these pups that were so abused and neglected. :(

·
Registered
22,832 Posts
Good for you. It is always hard to go to our shelter, even just to take food or a donation. I want to take them all home.:(
I really admire the people who volunteer.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts