Just Labradors banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have just got back from our vacation. We flew from the UK to Montreal and had a week there with my husbands son, his fab Brazilian wife and their 4 and 2 year old boys. The weather was pretty mixed-we had some great thunder storms but also some really hot sun. We went to the Jazz festival and went to see the new Cirque du Soleil show Ovo which was fantastic.
We then all drove down to Freeport in Maine where we had rented a lakeside house. I had found it on Cyberrentals and had been emailing the owner back and forth since we decided to rent her house. She was so helpful and even came to cut the grass one day and asked how we were getting on and did we have everything we needed. I happened to mention that my hair dryer had died and what should I find on the porch the next day a brand new hair dryer. Again we had mixed weather but managed to fit in a day at Old Orchard Beach and another day at Winslow Park which was fun. Did quite a bit of shopping too and had to buy another suitcase for all of our goodies. We bought and cooked lobster-I say we-I was far too squeamish. Enjoyed eating them though. We were in Maine for 4th July and really enjoyed the celebrations. My husband and I then caught the train from Portland down to Boston where we had two days and one night. We were so lucky we were there when the Tall Ships were-they are a splendid sight. We flew back to the UK from Boston via Amsterdam and arrived home at 9am this morning-sadly as we only had 50 minutes in Amsterdam our luggage has not caught us up yet. Hopefully they will be sending it by taxi when the next Amsterdam flight arrives early this evening.

We had a great time but we are exhausted-two weeks with two young uns is tiring but fun !

1 - 3 of 3 Posts