Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
11,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
and saw Marley and me with a friend of mine. Yahoo for $5 movies, as apposed to the $10 matinee on the weekend.. :crazy: :surprise:

It was okay over all. I'm not a big fan of Owen Wilson, so that didn't really do anything for me. Jennifer Aniston played John's wife pretty well, I think. :happy: I am sad that they left out a lot of stuff from the book though... :(

I cried a little bit about halfway through when they were at the beach and Marley's face started to get white. I knew what was coming!! Then I balled my eyes out like a baby and sobbed at the end. :'(

I don't think I cried nearly as much as the book because I knew what was coming and the book took longer to progress.

Got home a few minutes ago and the first thing I did was go find Abbey and give her a big hug and kiss... Not looking forward to when that day will come, but she's got lots of happy years before then. :happy:

·
Registered
2,423 Posts
I want to see it but SU wont go with me because he knows how it ends. I normally wait for it to come out on DVD tho, Im too cheap. :D

·
Registered
4,824 Posts
I thought about going to see this, but have decided to pass (at least for now). I know how it ends from the book, but I understand they actually show them doing it in the movie & that I do not want to see.

I have enough trouble with the thoughts of potentially having to do that with Lexi some day, hopefully a long long long time from now.

·
Registered
3,278 Posts
This post made me tear up thinking about the book again...and the fact that chance is turning 10 years old this year :( Where has the time gone?

·
Registered
11,362 Posts
kal3idoscope said:
I cried a little bit about halfway through when they were at the beach and Marley's face started to get white. I knew what was coming!! Then I balled my eyes out like a baby and sobbed at the end. :'(
See here is where I run into trouble. It would be one thing if I was oblivious to the ending....but knowing what was coming? Forget it. I cannot go see this in the theater. I made the mistake of going to see Titanic twice in the theater and got myself crying so hard as soon the water started coming on board (remember the old couple in the bed?) in anticipation of everything else that was coming that I had to excuse myself because I was ruining it for other movie goers. :embarrass:

·
Registered
7,955 Posts
We saw it on Friday. Jason knew how it would end and he knew it would be sad. But he said that it was BEYOND sad, it was kick you in the gut brutal.

At one point, he leaned over and said "This is the saddest Christmas movie EVER." Of course that made me laugh. So, if you saw it this weekend on Indy's southside and wondered who the depraved sicko was that laughed at the most heart-wrenching part of the movie... that was me!

·
Registered
216 Posts
I got into trouble with a friend of mine who took her family to go see it. She didn't listen to me when I was warning her the movie was sad. She said I didn't say anything and was upset it wasn't at least a "Turner & Hooch" type ending.

·
Registered
16,679 Posts
Ooooo my mom and I are going to go see it in a few hours. I'm taking 2 packs of tissues!

·
Registered
285 Posts
I think I'll wait for the dvd - read the book and as I still can't watch any of the lassie movies without tearing up, I think I'd rather watch it a home with a big box of kleenex!

·
Registered
11,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Lexis Mom said:
I thought about going to see this, but have decided to pass (at least for now). I know how it ends from the book, but I understand they actually show them doing it in the movie & that I do not want to see.

I have enough trouble with the thoughts of potentially having to do that with Lexi some day, hopefully a long long long time from now.
It was so hard to watch that. At that point I was sobbing so hard I couldn't breathe. :no: That's exactly how I felt about Abbey, too. I am not looking forward to that day and I know I'll be an absolute wreck. :(

·
Registered
7,955 Posts
Kerasotes and AMC theaters here - I don't know if they do it everywhere - have $5 tickets before noon on holidays and Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays. That's when we go. I can't go without popcorn though - it's a movie must for me.

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
Nope, not going to watch it.

·
Registered
7,664 Posts
I really want to see it. I made a deal with SU that we would leave before the movie is over.

·
Registered
16,679 Posts
Melissa said:
Kerasotes and AMC theaters here - I don't know if they do it everywhere - have $5 tickets before noon on holidays and Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays. That's when we go. I can't go without popcorn though - it's a movie must for me.
Yup the AMC does it here too.

Of course the earliest showing of Marley is @ 1:20 :( We got a gift card from a family friend though so mom and I are going to use that...we're going at 4:20....I must prepare myself *deep breath*

·
Registered
786 Posts
I am so torn...I want to watch it, I read the book but I am so not a public cryer. I am trying to hold out for dvd but I keep seeing the dumb commercials and I think "I can handle the end"

·
Registered
7,955 Posts
Technically, crying in a dark movie theater isn't really "public". No one can see you. And as far as hearing you? Well, no one would be able to tell it was you over the sound over everyone else snotting all over the theater. :happy:

Just sit through all the credits to compose yourself before you walk out.

·
Registered
6,054 Posts
I saw it this weekend with my dd. I did enjoy it, but didn't cry as much as I did when I read the book. They changed the ending from the book--(makes Grogan look better.) The scene where they put Marley to sleep reminded me so much of having to put my Eskie down.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts