Just Labradors banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8,657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was married briefly to my college sweetheart. Still have nightmares about him sometimes, but never think about him other than that (we were divorced in 1980). I like to google people that I haven't seen for a while and see if I can find them, and what they are up to. So I googled him this morning. Came up with someone who is the Landscape Supervisor for Ball State University. Had a picture of him - wearing a suit and tie. I really couldn't tell if it was him. But he did graduate from OSU with a degree in Landscaping. He had gained weight of course, and it might have been him, but really couldn't tell. So I went to another site where it had a picture of him outside - yep - most likely him. I remember him as a skinny longhair - but the expression and tilt of the head are him. He apparently is really big into recycling and has won awards and stuff. (we were old hippies and nature lovers back then too). Just seems really weird to see him after all this time on the internet. Looks like he made something of himself - just hope he still doesn't lie and cheat on his second wife :-\

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
That is a lot of fun to look up people you know. I looked up two of my ex's. One is a pediatrician in Hawaii and the other owns an oil change business in Mississippi. We exchanged an email or two and caught up.

As for people changing... Your ex has probably changed in his ways a lot. There is so much about me that is nothing like the kid they knew back then, and vice versa.

·
Registered
12,586 Posts
I google some of mine too sometimes. But I've never been able to find any of them. :-\ I think mine probably never do anything noteworthy enough to get on the internet. So that's a plus for you Pat! At least he did something! :D

·
Registered
12,586 Posts
WHOA!! WAIT A MINUTE!!

After I read this I thought, hmmm, I never google my Iranian ex boyfriend. He is an ex that I see and/or talk to fairly regularly, so I felt like I was pretty caught up on what was happening with him and never felt the need to google.

I just googled. :eek:

Apparently he had a lawsuit against his longtime friend, a doctor. It's all over google when you put in his name.

This doctor was trying to do some hare-brained start-up company thing - I remember when he was doing this. From what I gather, my ex wrote him a check for $50,000 ( :eek: ) and Doctor Evil never paid him back, claiming that my ex bought "shares" in his company ::)

My ex's most troublesome personality quirk was that he was generous to a FAULT. Honestly. He would give a complete stranger the shirt off his back if they asked. I worried about him constantly, because he just did not know how to say no to anyone. Of course, this had a lot to do with what attracted me to him - but NEVER to take advantage of him! Rather, I admired his selflessness and generosity. He was unfailingly kind to everyone. He always had an encouraging word and a few bucks for every homeless person he saw. That always warmed my heart so much. Truly, he is one of the most charitable people I have ever met. I always said he reminded me of my mom, who also suffers from "can't say no" disease.

He had a tendency to date women who sensed this about him - and just used the hell out of him. This to my great fury. I HATE users. :mad: Especially users who take advantage of another's kindness. WRONG! WRONG! My great hope when we parted ways was that he would find someone who appreciated him for HIM.

Anyway - so I do not find it surprising at all that this happened. Poor sweet ex. I'm sure if Doctor Evil asked him for money, he would hand it over no questions asked. :-\

Makes me wish I had been there to encourage him to protect himself. :-[ I would have known Doctor Evil would be capable of something like this. :mad:

I'm not good at reading all the legal jargon in these documents, but it sounds like my ex eventually won the case and Doctor Evil was ordered to reimburse him. I hope so.

So! That was exciting! :eek:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts