Just Labradors banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,443 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know that this is VERY basic, but I was excited, regardless! ;) Yesterday at the HDLRC specialty show (right after getting show win photos taken in the middle of a day-long windstorm), Monty earned his first leg toward his RN title with a score of 93 and 2nd place all-breed/2nd place lab. Yay! I have been doing some "puttering" while working on hunt test training, mostly with heel work, and in spite of wanting to sniff the ground and having to remind him to (verbally) "heel" a few different times around the ring, he did pretty darned well!

It wasn't that difficult of a pattern, but there were a couple of fun ones...like the halt-front, back 1 step, back 2 steps, back 3 steps sign. That one went fine because Monty had just come out of the conformation ring where he was standing in front of me ("front") almost the entire time, LOL. Since he'll sit when I tell him sit, and he moves with me when I go backward or forward due to trying to stack him properly in the breed ring, it wasn't difficult but gave a few people some problems.

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Re: Just a tiny little rally brag from yesterday- Monty's 1st time in the rally

Congratulations!!

·
Registered
3,414 Posts
Congratulations!

·
Registered
8,752 Posts
Re: Just a tiny little rally brag from yesterday- Monty's 1st time in the rally

Congrats Julie and Monty!!! That's a BIG brag!! :D

·
Registered
8,330 Posts
Congratulations! Rally is fun, isn't it?

CaliforniaLabLover said:
...It wasn't that difficult of a pattern, but there were a couple of fun ones...like the halt-front, back 1 step, back 2 steps, back 3 steps sign...
Every once in awhile when we do that, Caleb will decide he's had enough and step on my foot after the second sit.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts