Just Labradors banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
9,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Update: I called the vet who said I could make her vomit it. I gave her peroxide and it came out in one piece. I'm sure she felt better, but it made me feel much better.

Judy just ate a whole chipmonk in one gulp. (So the other three wouldn't take it away from her.) Any bets on how long it will be for the vomit to give it up. It was the only way for her to keep it with the other three circling her wanting it, and at the same time I was telling her "drop it". I hope she will be OK.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Archie is my hunter and he had one in his mouth once (just the tail was showing) but I think he put it down to see what he caught and it ran, thank god. Hope it doesn't cause any harm for Judy. Keep us posted as I'm curious was to what will happen.

·
Registered
9,226 Posts
that is so gross! ahhhhh!
I just took a mole away from Cricket, she was doing the slow torture of tossing the mole up in the air and catching it and repeat. I think he is going to be okay. I put him out of harms way. I don't have the stomach to watch her torture her prey.
This time of year is just thrilling for her. Moles, baby mice, frogs, baby birds.

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Maybe this too will pass. :D
In our family it's Freckles who interprets the command "Drop It" as "Swallow Faster".

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
Oh my! Poor Judy! Poor Chippy! Glad she's ok.

CJ had a mole once. He was so proud of himself. Thank goodness he dropped it on command. I'm not sure how I would react to anything more...

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
I say "gross" and hubby just laughed.

And yes, how much peroxide did you have to give her?

·
Registered
9,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
For future reference how much did you give her and how did you get her to take it?
One tablespoon for every 10 pounds of dog.
I tried to put it in a bowl with some frosty paws. That didn't work. As soon as she tasted it she ran. I forced it in her mouth with a syringe. Much of it was spilled or spit out, but enough got in to work.
They say if the dog doesn't vomit in 15 minutes, another dose can be given, but not more than three doses. I waited longer than 15 minutes (about 20-25) and it worked with the first dose.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts