Just Labradors banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
9,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Still having pain, but I'm not sure of what the problem is. She seems to be OK walking around the yard sniffing around - no limp at all. Her tail wags and looks OK. She looks somewhat uncomfortable to sit then lie down, but when she does, she seems to relax OK, but she cries when she gets up from a rest. She cries when the other dogs brush up against her tail. She cries when she goes up steps, reluctant to go up unless I go by her side. She will not jump up on the bed or couch. When she tries to run (after a squirrel) she cries and stops with tail curled in a perfect semicircle out and downward, hair in her back stands up. I had her to the vet today; he said pain going up steps can be a sign of a disc problem. She cried only when he moved her right leg...possibly hip problem. Recommended total rest for a few weeks. Xrays if there is no improvement. Prayers for Judy are appreciated.

·
Registered
16,129 Posts
This sounds a lot like a milder version of what was happening with Theo. Back right leg extremely sensitive to touch, worst when getting up. Walks relatively normally, but pain going up steps. Possibly the worst thing is that whatever it is, it freaks them out. Our vet thought sciatica from the lumbosacral disc. If that's what it is, you might not see anything on an X-ray. Our vet put Theo on a combination of Rimadyl and Tramadol, but it didn't seem to help much during the episode.

Poor girl! Lots and lots of good thoughts for her.

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
I am sorry for Judy. Did they want her on anti-inflammatories like Deramaxx or pain killer like Tramadol? They can treat the discomfort without knowing the reason for it.

·
Registered
10,307 Posts
Good thoughts for Judy. Hope it is something that passes and quickly.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Awwww, poor Judy. I hope she feels better soon and that rest helps.

In the meantime, one might consider having her evaluated by a Certified Veterinary Chiropractor.
http://www.avcadoctors.com/

An adjustment did wonders for Auggie; the first when she was about nine months old and then again when she was about eleven years old, and a couple of more about a year later - just helped her feel so much better and move so much more easily.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts