Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone been there for their Steam Pots? How much do they run? I am trying to decide between Joe's and Red Lobster for my birthday dinner. :D

·
Registered
29,548 Posts
I haven't been to Joe's in awhile. Looking at the menu online (without prices) I'd say the price is dependent on which one you get. I'm sure the lobster one is more expensive than the shrimp one.

·
Registered
13,418 Posts
i don't know about their steam pots, but in general they are expensive for the amount of food they give you. plus they are incredibly annoying. the wait staff sings when the kitchen gets backed up. yes, your crappy ass singing is SO much better than the food i'm waiting on.

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i don't know about their steam pots, but in general they are expensive for the amount of food they give you. plus they are incredibly annoying. the wait staff sings when the kitchen gets backed up. yes, your crappy ass singing is SO much better than the food i'm waiting on.
You have to be joking! Like their singing is going to make hungry people happy their food isn't ready?!? :eek:

Okay, that settles it, we'll go to Red Lobster like we usually do. :p I am never disappointed there. I'd much rather go to Maine for lobster, but since we can't afford to fly there for dinner, I'll be happy with what we can do. :D

·
Banned
2,041 Posts
I hear enough singing , humming , whistleing from a idiot I work with . I dam sure dont wana hear it at a Restaurant ! lol

·
Registered
13,418 Posts
i'm serious, jackie! we almost walked out that night. i think red lobster is much better. and i looooove their biscuits.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
I guess it depends on which one you go to. I'd rather eat at Joe's than Red Lobster. The Joe's in Long Beach, CA only sang for the birthdays, which was an absolute hoot. Never really cared for Red Lobster.

·
Registered
29,548 Posts
Yep, they do sing and dance. Though I find making the birthday people sing while straddling a toy stick pony is hilarious. ;)

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yep, they do sing and dance. Though I find making the birthday people sing while straddling a toy stick pony is hilarious. ;)
Since we never tell them it's a birthday, I don't see that as being a problem. ;) I just want good food. It's years since we've been to Joe's, and we were not real impressed with them then. I was hoping the steam pots would be good enough reason to go there, but I don't think I want to take the chance.

·
Registered
29,548 Posts
I think their food has really done downhill over the years. We used to go all the time when we went down to Costco.

·
Registered
13,418 Posts
my favorite seafood restaurant here went bankrupt so joe's and red lobster are now the only two choices. :(

·
Registered
12,420 Posts
I have been there once and don't care to go back. Food was only very average, cost was higher and service was slow. Ours here in Ft. Wayne went out of business relatively quickly. Guess I wasn't the only one not impressed.

·
Registered
14,287 Posts
I am extremely lucky here, Seafood is one of the things Nova Scotia does exceptionally well, and we have an abundance of local (non-chain) seafood restaurants ranging from small crab shacks and oyster bars to Mom & pop seaside takeouts, to 5 star fine dining.

Great. Now I want lobster.

·
Registered
10,664 Posts
I am extremely lucky here, Seafood is one of the things Nova Scotia does exceptionally well, and we have an abundance of local (non-chain) seafood restaurants ranging from small crab shacks and oyster bars to Mom & pop seaside takeouts, to 5 star fine dining.

I can't do chain seafood. I have never had luck with them. I spent last week in New Orleans so I am crawdad and oystered out.

BTW Live lobsters $5.99 per pound here.

·
Registered
3,479 Posts

I love anywhere in Atlantic Canada for fish....my grandfather was a Newfoundland trawler captain along with all the men in the family for generations were fisherman. I could eat fish 3 meals a day 7 days a week.

I cannot imagine $22.99 for lobster I won't buy it here in Phoenix for $13.99. I have memories as a child of going out and catching the flounder from the shore in order to row around the cove and bait the lobster pots. In fact I was a teenager in AZ before I found out flounder were edible as all we used them for was the lobster bait.

Have a Happy Birthday Jackie and enjoy Red Lobster. If there is a McGrath's around you, you may want to try them...they are from the Pacific Northwest and it is our current favorite fish place in town. It is a 20 mile drive so you know it has to be good.

·
Registered
3,915 Posts
We have a Joe's Crab Shack here, but I've never eaten there. I have a personal rule against eating seafood this far inland, and if they're getting crayfish out of the Ohio River I don't want to eat it.

I take that back, I do occasionally eat at Red Lobster, but it's the damned biscuits that draw me in. I know they're laced with crack.

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Well, the commercial for RL on right now is killing me... it looks AWESOME and I don't even LIKE lobster!

Lucy

1 - 20 of 26 Posts