Just Labradors banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
JA1: What do I need to do to get a job there?
Me: Come in and fill out an application.
JA1: Oh. Can I come in today?
Me: Yes, until 4.30.
JA1: Okay, thanks.

5 minutes later on the phone:

JA1: Where ar you located?
Me:Gave directions.
JA1: Thanks!

1 hour later:

JA1: Where are you? I am at a motor cycle shop at the corner of the street and can't find you.
Me: Look acroos the street, see that building on the hill on the corner? That's us. (Can't miss us)
JA1: Thanks!

15 minutes later JA1 arrives................

JA2: Where are you located and please give me diretions?
Me: Gave location and explicit directions. Told JA2 that when he got to our traffic light we were right there across the intersection and our sign couldn't be missed. (Directions were written down word for word. We are not hard to find.)
JA2: Thanks.

This applicant had about a 25 minute trip to our office.

1 hour later:
JA2: I can't find you. What is your street number, I am at number 25**, at an academy.
Me: Where are you? Our street number is #2. (What academy??!!??)
JA2: What should I do?
Me:Turn around and come back the way you came.
JA2: Oh, okay.
Me: Did you pass a 7-11 on your way? (Next door to the motor cycle store)
JA2: Yes, it was on the left hand side.
Me: We are across the street from that.
JA2: Okay, I will be there in a few minutes.

30 minutes later:
JA2: I am at some high school.
My partner: What?
JA2: I don't know how I got here. (We don't know either because we didn't tell him to take one left or right turn at all at any time, just the U turn to get him back to us.)

My Partner gave him directions to the office. Which he found. When done with his interview he said: how do I get back to I-95? I couldn't say, the way you came! So I told him nicely.

Both were hired. Training is going to be very interesting that week...................

·
Registered
4,595 Posts
Sounds like training week is going to be fun. ::)

·
Registered
5,915 Posts
I laughed out loud! i was thinking towards the end that the punchline would be that the applicants were NOT hired since it took them so idiotically long to get there. ;D

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
I'm suggesting big Arthur Murray Dance School footprints from the front door to these dimbulbs' desks on their first day. And arrows for the bathroom and cafeteria.

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I work for a security company................

They are going to be security guards............................

They have to show up, or find us, first..........

They were hired because they breathe..................... HR lady doesn't like to extend herself too much......

Be afraid, very afraid................

·
Registered
28,830 Posts
Aw, I feel kind of sorry for them. I have absolutely NO sense of direction and get twisted around easily. Put nervousness about an interview on top of their anxiety over not finding the place? Well, I'm glad they were hired. :)

·
Registered
9,693 Posts
Got ya beat ! Had one of ours call and ask if we were on the left or right side of the street - hung up when I answered "it depends on which direction you're coming from!"

·
Registered
13,418 Posts
Cheer up, maybe they won't be able to find their way back to start work. :p

Um, yea, what Dan asked. :eek:

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Not armed.... Some of our sites won't even let them carry a night stick.................

They were only coming in to fill out applications, we got them interviews because HR lady needed something to do (in our opinion, not hers).

1 - 14 of 14 Posts