Just Labradors banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I figured this bore posting again now that we're on new turf. Copy and paste from the old board if ya want LOL.
Just copy and paste the info below and fill in your details. In my reply I went back and bolded the question part for clarity.

------------------------------
Name or Nickname (or both):

Weight Loss Goal:

How're you planning on losing it?

What can we do to help support you?

Additional Info you'd like to share:

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Em

Name or Nickname (or both): Amber (aka Emyly)

Weight Loss Goal: 75 lbs--- in 25 lb increments

How're you planning on losing it? Lots of Exercise and a reasonable diet. Diet Soda only, lots of water.

What can we do to help support you? What you always do-- listen and respond to posts :)

Last time I posted to roll call was April 2006. Since then I've got a few more health issues going but I'm still motivated to lose.

·
Registered
14,287 Posts
Name or Nickname (or both): Theresa, "T"

Weight Loss Goal: Down a few sizes, no set number, I'll know when I get there.

How're you planning on losing it? I am almost done a running program, "couch to 10k", I currently run about 5k (run 10 min, walk 1 min, run 10 min, walk 1 min, run 10 min) 4 days a week. I am practicing portion control, as I love to cook...and eat.

What can we do to help support you?

Additional Info you'd like to share: Down one size so far & feeling great! =)

·
Registered
26,306 Posts
Name or Nickname (or both): MidwestGirl

Weight Loss Goal: 40lbs

How're you planning on losing it? watching what I eat, walking and using weights(arms)

What can we do to help support you? Just sharing tips and kicking my butt when I don't have the motivation.

Additional Info you'd like to share: GOOD LUCK to all of us!!! :D

·
Registered
11,362 Posts
Name or Nickname (or both): Melissa, Missy

Weight Loss Goal: 20 lbs

How're you planning on losing it? diet and exercize

What can we do to help support you? Verbal thrashings and beatings...or just general support to my posts. ;)

Additional Info you'd like to share: I've put on 30 lbs in 8 years...between leaving NYC and not walking everywhere, quitting smoking and way too much fine dining and wine...I don't expect to lose all that, but I want to lose 10 by the end of the summer and hopefully close to 20 before the holidays roll around again.

·
Registered
4,020 Posts
Name or Nickname : Terri

Weight Loss Goal: 30 lbs

How're you planning on losing it? Healthy eating lots of walks

What can we do to help support you? Just be there and respond when I ask for help or moan about silly stuff

Additional Info you'd like to

·
Registered
4,824 Posts
Okay, this is one of my first ventures in the Just Loser' section, so bear with me.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Name or Nickname (or both): Debbie or Deb

Weight Loss Goal: I'd like to lose at least 50 lbs, but we shall see what looks right on my frame

How're you planning on losing it? Currently on Weight Watchers, so that combined with plenty of exercise

What can we do to help support you? just be here when I need a shoulder to lean on

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
Name or Nickname (or both): Melissa, Kit or Skit

Weight Loss Goal: 145lbs

How're you planning on losing it? Weight Watchers, again...and rebounding and being generally more active, so far so good

What can we do to help support you? I need people to keep reminding me that I don't want to be fat, I forget and then start eating like a mad cow.

·
Registered
8,376 Posts
Name or Nickname (or both): Sarah / Sares

Weight Loss Goal: 22lbs / 10kgs

How're you planning on losing it? Dance class, walking, back to the gym and healthier eating

What can we do to help support you? Remind me that I want to look the best I can in my wedding photo's!!!!!! I get married in 10 months and these photo's will be around forever. I also don't want this to be something I only maintain until the wedding, I would like to live my married life happy with my body and healthy in the mind!

Additional Info you'd like to share: I am looking forward to supporting you all with your weight loss goals!

·
Registered
13,489 Posts
Name or Nickname (or both): joflake, Jodie

Weight Loss Goal: 25lbs.

How're you planning on losing it? I already exercise daily and I'm pretty active on the weekends, but need to have better eating habits. I do eat a lot of fresh veggies and fruits, but need to cut back on the "bad stuff". I'm trying South Beach right now and it's helping.

What can we do to help support you? Recipes and weight loss tips.

Additional Info you'd like to share: Can't think of anything rigth now, maybe later.

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
Name or Nickname (or both): Jackie

Weight Loss Goal: 101 pounds

How're you planning on losing it? cut it off, exercise, diet, any way I can! I have Wii Fit and need to use it!! :mad:

What can we do to help support you? encouragement is what I need, I get none at home, so just being here is a huge help

Additional Info you'd like to share: I have disintegrating disks in my back that make exercise difficult at best, but I know that losing weight and strengthening my core will help a great deal with my back pain

·
Registered
601 Posts
Name or Nickname (or both): Brandie

Weight Loss Goal: 20ish? I don't know my current weight and don't plan to as I have an eating disorder and seeing those numbers just sends me into a spin :eek: My main goal is to just get toned back up and fit into some old clothes and be over all a more healthy person

How're you planning on losing it? Need to cut out the soda, eating healthier, eating at least three times a day instead of twice and both of those in the evening, upping my exercise and activity. I have a wii fit that needs my attention!

What can we do to help support you? Just being here! I get no support anywhere else! Helping me be motivated!

Additional Info you'd like to share: Just that I lubs you guys!!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Name or Nickname (or both): vhlabs...Ronnie...(veronica)

Weight Loss Goal: 80 pounds (lost 45 so far!!!)

How're you planning on losing it? Low fat, low chol, calorie restriction and exersize

What can we do to help support you? success stories!!!

Additional Info you'd like to share: You have to eat. You need to fuel the fire. Dont starve yourself.. you wont loose the weight if you do. Eat small freg meals!!!

·
Registered
8,812 Posts
Name or Nickname (or both): Linda

Weight Loss Goal: 10 pounds Current weight: 136

How're you planning on losing it? keeping my total calories under 1500 a day

What can we do to help support you? cheer me on and letting me hear how well you are doing

Additional Info you'd like to share: I use to keep my weight down by exercising. I ate all the junk food I wanted. But, over the years I have had 2 back, 1 knee and 1 shoulder surgeries. I need a knee replacement and can no longer exercise like I use to. So, I started counting calories and lost 30 pounds. I gained back 4 of those pounds in the last 6 months and would like to drop them and another 6.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Name or Nickname (or both): Susan

Weight Loss Goal: 45 lbs

How're you planning on losing it? Weight Watchers... I have lost 31 lbs since January only 14 more to go......

What can we do to help support you? Any advice on getting those last few pounds off would be great.... Is anyone a lifetime member at WW? How long?

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Name or Nickname (or both): Sherry

Weight Loss Goal: 25 pounds

How're you planning on losing it? Writing down what I stuff in the endless pit of my face, using the Weight Watchers system, and exercising.

What can we do to help support you? Could ya wire my jaws shut, or send a drill team to keep me motivated everyday?

Additional Info you'd like to share: I just want to fit into my "skinny" jeans...Why is it when you get married, the guy loses weight but the wife ends up porkin out? this is my pitiful cry for help.:(

·
Registered
331 Posts
Name or Nickname (or both): Name, Aubrey, nickname, MissZoesMom

Weight Loss Goal: long term goal is to lose a total of 65 pounds, my first short term goal is to increase my physical activity to walking 2 miles a day and loose 1 pound a week for the next 12 weeks.

How're you planning on losing it? I am following the weight watchers point system and increasing my physical activity.

What can we do to help support you? Listen to me, remind me not to be too negative about myself.

Additional Info you'd like to share: I've been here before, lost 20 pounds on weight watchers, then gave up, got lazy and gained it all back. I am giving it another go, focusing on getting healthy and not just being skinny. I want to help prevent the diabetes, blood pressure, cholestrol and heart problems that are in my family history and be able to keep up with my six year old son!

·
Registered
11,362 Posts
Name or Nickname (or both): Melissa/Missy

Weight Loss Goal: 30 pounds

How're you planning on losing it? Supplementing my twice a week Turbo kick class with more cardio and weight training. Finding the right nutritional balance for my activity level that will help me lose the weight without giving up foods I enjoy.

What can we do to help support you? Listen to me whine and *****.

Additional Info you'd like to share: I put on this weight in just a couple of years. I have my 20 year high school reunion in December and I want this weight OFF. I have a rack of clothes I can't get my left leg into that I will be into this fall.

·
Registered
6,258 Posts
Name or Nickname (or both): Bernie

Weight Loss Goal: varies! But at the moment another 28lbs

How're you planning on losing it? Running, powerwalking, sit ups, cardio and some free weights

What can we do to help support you? I am with Melissa - listen to me whine and *****.

Additional Info you'd like to share: I put on this weight ove the last 10 yrs. I have had numerous examinations as i eat a really healthy low cal/fat diet and have an active lifestyleyet put on about 5st. Ruled out most normal causes (tyhroid issues etc) and the docs are stumped. I am fed up with it now, so cutting pretty much everything out and increasing the exercise, as a result i now get about 4.5 hrs sleep a day and am a grumpy (but thinner) ***** as a result.

·
Registered
5,146 Posts
Name or Nickname (or both):Tracey

Weight Loss Goal:40 pounds

How're you planning on losing it? Cutting back on pop, chips, and cookies. I don't buy them DH does. And breast feeding. And some sit-ups and walking.

What can we do to help support you? I'm with Bernie. Tell me that salad is good for me.

Additional Info you'd like to share: This is pregnancy weight. First pregnancy + 60lbs and lost 40 in 4 weeks. SEcond pregnancy came hard on the heels of first pregnancy added about 50 lbs. Have 2 babies. 17 months and almost 4 months.

Bernie are you insulin resistant at all? Have they checked that?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts