Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
11,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Zero Mostel move over! There's a new Teyve on Stage! Yes, that's right, JL's very own Dweck sang and danced his way across the stage and into our hearts in the final performance of Fiddler On The Roof.

Dan, you, Claire and the rest of the cast did a great job. Fiddler is one of my favorites and you had me tapping my feet and singing along. It was obvious that you were having a wonderful time. It was great to see you after the show!

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
Where are the pictures? Sounds like fun!
I second this!!

Dan, will you and Claire be joining another production? Congrats on a great run :)

·
Registered
6,054 Posts
Woot! Congrats to both of you.

·
Registered
11,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Deb and I were extremely well behaved, and alas, Oy Vay, No pictures. So you'll just have to imagine Dan "twinkle-toes" Dweck singing and dancing his way across the stage doing "If I Were A Rich Man" as an early 20th century Eastern European Jewish Dairyman (with an ever so slight Irish Twinkle in his eye).

I was thinking about taking a picture afterwards but Dan was so surrounded by his fan base and family, that we had to elbow our way to the front just to say hello. But rest assured, his stardom has NOT gone to his head, and he took time for us little people who knew him "before" and Deb was able to give him a stuffed version of Wesley which was tagged "JL-ers Love Tevye". We were a little too far back to toss it on stage ;-).

While we were milling outside the auditorium during intermission, we were able to pick out Mrs.Dweck and another of the Dweckettes based on family resemblance. What a wonderful family, Dan.

Oh and I do want to confirm that Dan is a shadow of his former self. He has lost a lot of weight and looks very fit and trim. I know it is not an easy thing to do so wanted to just say once again, Good Work Dan!

·
Registered
4,824 Posts
*bravo* to Dan & Clare!!!!

:D :D

As Jeanne (Rangermom) said, Dan was a fabulous Tevye! Dance & sang his way into the audience's heart. Even detected a little bit of the slightly irrevent Dweck that all us JLer's know & love.

Sadly, no pics as we could not take them during the performance. Even if I had my camera with me, I would not have imposed on Dan that way.

If he ever decides to grace the stage again as part of a Methacton Community Theatre production, I would gladly make the hour drive each way to see him.

·
Registered
3,479 Posts
WTG Dan and Claire...did the production take any pictures during dress rehearsal you can post?

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
Usually, someone or several someones (parents, friends, spouses) tape(s) the dress rehearsal. I really hope that was the case here, too, so we can all have a chance to see at least the more stellar parts of the performance!

I am anxiously awaiting to hear what Dan and Claire have to say about it. Was it worth all the work?

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Congratulations, Dan & Claire!! That is awesome that some fellow JLers got to see you perform! :p

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
da'wwwww. It was great of you to come!! And I'm really glad you enjoyed it.

Second weekend went well.... But Fri showed the effects of being away from it for a week. Yes, we had a brush-up on Wed, but it wasn't of much value, not being in the theater, w/the sets, pit, props, etc. So Friday was a little...... raggedy. Although friends/family who came still enjoyed it.

But it did rev the engines to make Sat a flat-out full-bore no-holds-barred effort. Glad to hear we put it across.

And now, I return to just li'l ol' me. I shaved Saturday night after the show (actually, it was very early Sunday morning) and already feel 3lbs lighter. Going to get my hair cut today.

But the memories -- especially w/Claire at my side -- well... they'll last forever.

Would I do it again? In a newyork minute!!!!

·
Registered
10,307 Posts
Congratulations to all involved.

I think you should look into running the show for 6 months or maybe a year.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts