Just Labradors banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a few questions...

I hoped that I'd be able to figure it out myself over time, but alas, it's just not happening!!

1. What is a "heart" dog? I've heard some people use this as a descriptor and I'm not sure what exactly it means.

2. What do SU and DD stand for? I think people have been using them to describe family members, but I can't quite get a handle on the acronym!

Sorry, I'm behind in my knowledge of e-language, I suppose! ;D ;D

·
Registered
7,913 Posts
"Heart" dog...is a once in a lifetime dog. That is how I see it anyway.

SU - Spousal Unit

And I think DD is Dear Daughter? someone correct me if I am wrong...

·
Registered
10,230 Posts
Correct Trickster
DD is Dear Daughter
DH is Dear Husband
SU Spousal Unit
It took me a while to get some of them too no worries. :)

·
Registered
8,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
bacatherine said:
Correct Trickster
DD is Dear Daughter
DH is Dear Husband
SU Spousal Unit
It took me a while to get some of them too no worries. :)
Thank you!

Can you only have one "heart" dog? I think I've had three already... and I'm still young!

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
I am hoping you can have more than one 'heart dog.' Shadow was my first, and I would like to think I can have the some connections with and feelings for another furkid.

·
Registered
12,928 Posts
I have had 2 heart dogs.....my cocker spaniel, Sundance was my first. He passed the torch to Dutch, my yellow boy.....I honestly think they had "doggie talks" about taking care of mom before Sundance passed.

In addition to my heart dog; I have a best friend dog...that would be Zoe...(my golden, Tia, was also a best friend dog). To me, this is the dog that I have fun with...go places with; laugh with, but she isn't much on the cuddling, communicative talks, pampering of me the way my heart dog is...........

Whoosh...that was a mouthful!! :)

·
Registered
8,793 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
zoezoe said:
I have had 2 heart dogs.....my cocker spaniel, Sundance was my first. He passed the torch to Dutch, my yellow boy.....I honestly think they had "doggie talks" about taking care of mom before Sundance passed.

In addition to my heart dog; I have a best friend dog...that would be Zoe...(my golden, Tia, was also a best friend dog). To me, this is the dog that I have fun with...go places with; laugh with, but she isn't much on the cuddling, communicative talks, pampering of me the way my heart dog is...........

Whoosh...that was a mouthful!! :)
That was helpful! I'm getting an idea of what people mean when they describe a dog as their "heart" dog. :)

·
Registered
3,026 Posts
I absolutely and always will love every single dog I have,they're irreplacable. And I miss every single one that has gone.That is no question.
But Sam is my Heart Dog. There's just something about him that I connect with, it's so hard to describe. But I know ya'll understand what I'm talking about. :)

·
Registered
22,832 Posts
I love my two girls with all my heart. We are buddies. They are so much a part of our family & our lives. We had many other dogs when our sons were young. But I have to admit, Shadow, our first lab was my heart dog. It was her & I when SU worked out town. She was just such a special girl. I guess I can say she taught me alot about labs. She was that once in a lifetime lab. She was my "heart dog."

I know my heart is big enough to love more labs, but a piece of it went when Shadow crossed the bridge. I will alway love that girl. :)

·
Registered
6,645 Posts
Prudence is my first heart heart dog. The very first night I met her (she was found/rescued by a friend), she climbed up on the back of the couch that I was sitting on and curled herself around my neck. She has been through so much with me. Brigetta has become my second heart dog. It didn't happen at first. She was almost afraid to get to close to me. Now we have good talks and when we sleep or I'm watching tv, she has to have some part of her touching me. She has taught me so much, I can't imagine not having her.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts