Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
I just heard that on the radio. The name sounds familiar, but he doesn't look familiar to me at all. Not that I watch or listen to religious programs. :-\

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
OMG that was fast. :'(
R.I.P. Jerry.

·
Registered
15,206 Posts
HMMM.... ok... I keep coming back to this post... and I feel like replying... but I'm afraid it would be nothing but snarkiness.

I'm so... oh what is the word... heartless?

·
Registered
66 Posts
i think he was instrumental in spreading hate against people who didn't deserve it. and to blame 9/11 on a moral question against americans...give me a break!

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
No Linds. I don't know anything his religious views, as I have my own beliefs. As far as him being a scary individual, I know nothing about that either. I say R.I.P. just because he was a person and he died.

·
Registered
3,782 Posts
Ender's Mom said:
HMMM.... ok... I keep coming back to this post... and I feel like replying... but I'm afraid it would be nothing but snarkiness.

I'm so... oh what is the word... heartless?
Maybe he was a person with a wife and 2 or 3 kids. Aside from his beliefs, people that love him will miss him.

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
Well, he and the moral majority were instrumental in the 1980s in getting Ronald Reagan elected. And Reagan helped bring about the end of Communism in the Soviet Union. So perhaps like all of us, Falwell was neither all saint nor all sinner.....

·
Registered
10,664 Posts
Political leanings, too far right and too far left are scary. I don't have to agree with Mr Falwells views or methods. I do respect his commitment to what he felt was right and what he believed.

·
Registered
29,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I certainly have not been a Farwell fan. I do think he's tipped too far to the right but like someone said, he was a human being with a family.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Sandy, I love your siggy pic! :D
Oops sorry, hijack.

J

·
0 Posts
labs4life said:
Political leanings, too far right and too far left are scary. I don't have to agree with Mr Falwells views or methods. I do respect his commitment to what he felt was right and what he believed.
Very well said!

I'm pretty right (politically) but not even remotely close to being that far right. However Liberty was one university that I was highly considering attending. I ended up on their mailing list and recieved Jerry's monthly newsletter. It was an interesting read thats for sure.

My prayers for his family and friends.

1 - 20 of 88 Posts