Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Jenica has been off all morning.

On her morning walk she was very calm (usually she is in bunny hunt mode) and when she was not able to find a good poop spot my SU let her off her leash and she finally did her business and afterwards he left her off leash and she was just walking right next to him without sniffing.
About an hour later she threw up her breakfast.
She has been very quiet and she seems to do everything very slowly (laying down, getting up, walking). I sat down with her for a little bit and she actually seemed to enjoy some petting, which is totally unlike her.

When the dog walker came to take the two out, her first question was: "What's wrong with Jenica?".
This is Jenica's most favourite person in the World and she walked to her very slowly and without any tail wagging.
At that point Diesel ran up to Jenica's face (without touching her) and she started screaming. She screamed a few times and then stopped.
The dog walker and I both tried to find anything that could cause the pain (thinking that it may be the tooth she has the slab fracture on), but there was no reaction from her. She just stood there patiently.

I talked to the vet and have an appointment for this afternoon to take her in to see what is going on.
If you have any good thoughts to spare I would appreciate it.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Definitely, you got it.

This sounds similar to what we experienced with Tucker a couple of weeks ago. Turned out to be lyme disease and he's on antibiotics for 30 days. Within an hour of the 1st dosage he was his old self again.

Tuck has had the vaccination and also gets monthly Frontline. Doesn't matter - they can still get it!!

:)

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Poor baby girl..I hope she's feeling better soon...{{hugs}}

·
Registered
21,715 Posts
I hope your sweet girl is feeling better real soon! Poor sweet pea! Good thoughts coming your way!

·
Registered
629 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks everyone. The appointment is in an hour. She is currently hanging out in her crate.
I will keep you updated.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts