Just Labradors banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
About a fortnight ago, Jed and I walked very proudly in the Stafford civic Parade, we were representatives of PAT dogs and Jed very handsomely wore his smart yellow vest.

As we were marching through the town's main street the parade came to a halt, very co-incidentally, right next to where my husband and son were stood waving at us. Even more spookily & co-incidentally on the opposite side a lady called "Excuse me" and beckoned me over.

"Your lab is gorgeous she said, he has to be a Glosmere, he is identical to my dog Oscar, how old is he?"

"He'll be 2 in September and yes he is a Glosmere dog"

Anyway it turns out Jed and Oscar are litter mates, she frantically scribbles down a contact number on a scrap piece of paper and we march on.

Well in about half an hour, she, Oscar, Jed and I are meeting up for a walk, I cannot wait to met him, he sounds like a big softie like Jed too.

I will post some pics when I get back......Eeeeeeee I'm excited....small world though isn't it?

Well we met up and I have to say I don't see the similarity that Kim (Oscar's mom) saw, Oscar is much more boxy than Jed, with a much broader head, he is also

unneutered. He is a lovely dog and they got along well, other than a bit of dominance (attempted humping) on Oscar's part, which we soon put a stop to. They had a mad

butt tucking session through the undergrowth, and a bit of bitey face. Jed has more "pretty" (Kim's description) features and a longer coat than Oscar who has very male

features and a short shiny coat.

In all it was a lovely meet up and we intend to make it a weekly occurrence.

Here's a few pictures~:)

·
Registered
13,524 Posts
That is so cool . . . and meeting during a parade is too funny! Can't wait to see pictures.

·
Registered
12,420 Posts
Great pics!! They look related but you are right, Oscar is more boxy headed. How nice that the brothers will be able to get together and play again. This could be a regular play date thing.:)

·
Registered
13,524 Posts
That is so cool! Loved the pics, and I thought Jed was "prettier" too. :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts