Just Labradors banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday during our meet up with Jed's litter mate, I happened to notice, when they had done butt tucking and were panting profusely, that Jed's gum and tongue colouring was nowhere near as pink as Oscars, It worried me a lot as the more I looked at him the more bluish grey it was looking.

He does have quite dark pigmentation in his mouth and gums ,but never the less, it worried me enough to take him straight to my vet once we'd said goodbye to Oscar.

Thankfully, my vet gave him a clean bill of health, he sounded his heart, took his temp and gave him the once over and all was perfect, he said to watch out for lacking energy levels, erratic breathing or collapse, then he would give him a chest x ray to check for an enlarged heart. He also said to check his eyelids in future as they will give me a better reading, Jed's were lovely and pink when he showed me.

Has anyone else ever had any experience of this, or any other ideas as it's still worrying me a little?

·
Registered
8,376 Posts
no ideas but I hope everything is right with Jed!!

And I just noticed Jasmine's ticker!! There is no way she's 1 in a months time... that has gone SO FAST!

·
Registered
28,830 Posts
Could his iron level be a bit low? If so, a daily supplement might help that out.
(I learned this with Meg, my beagle.)

·
Registered
4,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Could his iron level be a bit low? If so, a daily supplement might help that out.
(I learned this with Meg, my beagle.)

It's worth thinking about and it couldn't hurt to drop one in his food for a while, thanks Nance ~:)

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Phew, glad it was nothing Kate!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts