Just Labradors banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Waiting to hear!

Lindy said Berkeley wouldn't do it. He wouldn't jump off the platform. She was there on Friday.

·
Registered
717 Posts
He went into the water on the first practice jump, then wanted nothing to do with the cold water. Needless to say I don't think this is going to be his forte. Hope got it on video-ugh!!! Glad we gave it a shot. It was 32 degrees when we got there this morning. A tad warmer when practice started.

·
Registered
10,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How cold was the water? Brrr, that is cold. I don't blame him at all.

Mine have swum in the pool when it's 42 degrees (water temp) but they don't like it that cold.

·
Registered
742 Posts
OMG, then only requirement my dog has for water is that it be warm enought to be liquid. I've taken him out on winter runs where he has found ankle deep water and lied down in it. If it were deep enough, he'd swim in it. He LOVES it cold! I guess there are some dogs with some sense and mine is not one of them when it comes to water.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Zoey actually breaks the ice away at the edge of the pond to get in the water before everything is actually froze over. If you were at the SC event, you may want to try again when it's warmer. That event was an exception to the rule and usually the water or weather is not that cold for an outdoor event.

·
Registered
3,794 Posts
Caleb and Micah say, "Oh, you Southern cousins! The colder the water the better!" LOL

·
Registered
717 Posts
It was unusually cold for Charleston. Hopefully it'll be a tad warmer next year.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts