Just Labradors banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12,586 Posts
Hope everyone is doing OK. We love you Jeanne!

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Hope you're all doing OK...

·
Registered
11,079 Posts
Oh guys, you are absolutely the BEST! The outpouring of support has just been phenomenal and has really been comforting to me.

The household? Well it seems very, very quiet. Way to quiet if that makes any sense. Both Blackie and Ranger seem subdued, especially Blackie. I don't know if they're sensing my mood or the change or what. But I definitely feel it.

On Monday night, Blackie was restless all night. I was sleeping fitfully on the sofa. She kept getting up in her usual spot, then getting down, walking the room, getting back up, etc, etc. One time she was laying behind me and when to jump over me to get down just as I turned over, so she accidently used my eye as a launch pad and I'm now sporting a really impressive red-purple shiner.:eek:

I find I keep pulling out 3 treats from the container instead of 2. Long held habits are hard to break I guess. I've also been calling Ranger, Reggie which I guess is confusing him too.:(

I know you have been there with me. I'll be fine but I definitely miss him. Thank you again for all your support. It probably means much more to me that you will ever know.

Love you,
Jeanne

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Both Blackie and Ranger seem subdued, especially Blackie.
Dogs mourn, too. They know. Both of mine did for weeks.
*tears in eyes*
:(

xoxo

·
Registered
11,079 Posts
(((HUGS))) Jeanne. Just love that picture of him. Such a happy boy.
That was from Thanksgiving this November. We went to visit some dear friends of mine. I wanted him to have one last big road trip and my friends have about 7 acres that are fenced in for dogs. They also set up a futon on the floor in the bedroom closest to the back door so he could sleep next to me (he'd never make it onto a regular bed). He had a blast. He didn't so much run as much as hop around the field, fell a few times, but was so excited. That was the sort of thing he loved.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts