Just Labradors banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Jazzy had been limping some on and off for a couple of weeks, so off to the vet we went today. The vet manipulated her joints, and watched me walk and run her to check her gait. Nothing really. So we decided on x-rays and when she came back in the room she said she didn't know why we weren't seeing more of a pain reaction from Jazzy:(. Jazzy has hip dysplasia and spinal stenosis of 2 discs. Came home with Deramaxx as needed for pain and instructions to give Jazz fish oil and glucosamine, and lose more weight. My poor girl...she is such a stoic dog, I just had no idea. I feel like a bad mom.

·
Registered
11,079 Posts
Aww, poor Jazzy. Don't feel too bad though, you're not a bad dog mom. Dogs can be very stoic. I hope the Deramaxx helps.

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
no you are not bad. dogs, especially labs, hide their pain very well. hope the deramaxx helps and she can lose a few lbs.

·
Registered
8,376 Posts
Poor Miss Jazz! I hope the meds help and she is feeling better soon!

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
Poor Jazzy, she is in my thoughts!

·
Registered
123 Posts
Hope she feel better soon!

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
I'm so sorry. You're not a bad Mom, some dogs mask their pain very well, others not so much. You didn't know.

I hope the Deramaxx brings her relief.

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
Don't feel bad.. koda had 2 blown cruciates and didn't limp.. she had surgery and stopped limping 2 days in and never again after.. they appear to have high levels of pain tolerance.

I hope she feels better soon.. she had good luck with the deramaxx.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts