Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last Friday pm/Sat am, I had 11 new arrivals at my home. Proud parents are CH Nipntuck Cimarron's Blue Moon "Blue" and Intl CH WindyCanyon's Fulla Jazz CD JH RN CC (+ 2 legs toward CDX) "Jazz". Both parents are OFA hips Good, elbows clear, heart clear, and CERF annually since 7-8 wks. Blue is Optigen PRA Clear (Jazz is a Carrier-- from the field lines in our background believe it or not!!!).

It was a long labor (36 hrs from temp drop to first pup, 46 to last pup) that culminated w/ puppy #12 (I lost #11) being born at the Emergency Vet Clinic after Jazz and I both fell asleep for 45 min after I saw the water break... I thought for sure when I reached in and felt a leg, that I'd blown it. I could not get her contractions going again, so loaded the 10 surviving pups into their warming box and headed to Yakima. Was I ever thrilled when 16.5 oz torquoise collar BM came out breathing on his own after Jazz was given an oxytoxin shot to get contractions moving again!!!! :p

It is a beautiful group of pups... 7 BM, 2 CM, and 2 BF (the one that died was also a BF, darned it). All are thriving, getting noisy at times (hungry or lost, looking for mom in all the wrong places!), and more and more mobile by the day. I had dew claws done on Monday (2 - 2.5 days old) and wouldn't have wanted to wait another day they were so vigorous. 8)

Anyhow, I hope this little piece of joy is okay to share here. My other girls have been on cloud 9 with the new arrivals--- Great Granny Gala (almost 12) was up all night with us and even came to WOOF at me to get my butt downstairs-- I thought Jazz was on break!-- to see puppy #8, my first choc boy be born... Gala just loves babies... Jazz, who is a first time mom, is even fine w/ 6 mos old niece Sonya and half sister Mata coming into the BOX with her. What can I say but we have to love the Lab temperament.

Jazzy is doing great as a mom, though I had an initial scare w/ mastitis trying to form. We diverted that quickly though with hot packs and lots of little mouths needing milk. -Anne

[attachment deleted by admin]

·
Registered
6,676 Posts
Congrats!!! They are beautiful!

·
Registered
2,535 Posts
Congratulations on the new pups .......... Godspeed little one. Hope mom and pups continue to thrive.

·
Registered
4,419 Posts
What a beautiful sight !! Sounds a bit unnerving at times, but it ended well for the exception of losing one. Ya done good I'd say !! ((((hugs)))) to mama !

Melissa
;)

·
Registered
9,503 Posts
Wow Congrats on a beautiful litter! That's amazing she lets her friends in the box with her lololol. Sorry about #11...Godspeed little girl.

·
Registered
12,420 Posts
Awwww I want that one, er no I mean that one. Wait maybe it was that one? Oh well, how about them all??? I can smell the puppy breathhhhhhhh. ahhhhh

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Congratulations on the new litter! They are adorable..can I hold one..pulllleeeeeeze. LOL Sounds like you had a long rough night..sorry you lost one lil one though. I can still remember seeing Dakota when he was 5 days old..I wanted to check out the breeder before we committed to buying one. The mom was so calm and friendly, even while I held a pup. Good luck with them
Jackie

·
Registered
16,679 Posts
PUPPIES!!!!! :-*

Don't forget that it's mandatory for lots of pictures to be shared :D

·
Registered
549 Posts
Congrats to you and momma on the wee ones. Seems like momma won't have any trouble finding puppy sitters. We want pics and lots of them please!!!

·
Registered
2,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I put together a diary for Jazzy's pups on my website yesterday that might be of interest for those wanting to learn more about the whole process, some pregnancy development, the emotions (well, some of the more printable ones, anyhow!) etc. The direct link is this: http://www.windycanyonlabs.homestead.com/jazzbluediary.html
The litter pedigree is on the Nursery page if you hit the Back to Nursery (or whatever I put, lol!) link at the very bottom.

I have a diary from sister Fuji's litter (a chilled semen breeding last fall) still up at the bottom of my Nursery page too, so you can see what we'll be up to in the next few weeks w/ puppy play! And photos, well, I'm going to have to start putting some on DVDs before too long as my puter is going to get stuffed! :p

Now off to give Jazzy a warm sudsy bath. She is going to look horrid, I'm afraid, in a couple weeks. Between carrying 12 pups to term and it BEING the shedding time... ughhhhh.. can you say hairless? This is when you want to have handy some good photos once the families start to visit who haven't already!!! :-[ -Anne

·
Registered
2,623 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Here are a few photos I took last weekend at 2 wks old. Getting cuter and noisier by the day! -Anne

[attachment deleted by admin]

1 - 20 of 24 Posts