Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Got back from the ortho doc a little while ago.
Java has a partial CCL tear in BOTH her rear legs.
Her first TPLO surgery is Monday.
Her second TPLO surgery, on the other knee will be 8 weeks later.
I just got done crying hysterically.

·
Registered
4,486 Posts
it will be okay. i know how you feel. jax had a broken leg and had plates and screws put in...5 weeks later he tore his ccl. i was sick and a wreck. now he is showing signs of something not being right with the broken leg again...it will be okay...your baby is young and will heal...just follow the crate rest...you know the drill. so sorry your are going through this; i do understand!

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
I'm so sorry, good thoughts for both of you!

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
I'm so sorry!!! Kelli will have some advice for you, not sure if you were here when her dog went through 2 surgeries back to back.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I am so sorry this has happened and that you have to go through this. I can't imagine the worry.

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
I am so, so sorry. Moka, now Java, you are really being tested. You are in my prayers and thoughts.

·
Registered
12,586 Posts
Oh my gosh, you poor thing. I am so sorry. I am really glad you got the insurance when you did.

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks guys...I probably wouldn't be such a mess about it if not for everything we have already gone through with Moka and her broken leg and surgeries. It's just been one thing after another with no break in between, which is what is so hard. Moka is not even off crate restriction yet...she still has 2 more weeks. So they'll both be on crate restriction for a week, then Moka will be out.
We haven't had the pet insurance for that long, so cross your fingers that they will cover both surgeries!!

·
Registered
6,118 Posts
I'm sorry, this has certainly been a rough couple of months for all of you. Hang in there, hopefully the pet insurance will come through - it's great that you got it.

On the bright side, if you believe that bad things come in threes, there's your third so you're done!

·
Registered
13,524 Posts
I am so sorry.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts