Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
6,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My birthday is this coming Thursday and he invited our friends over last night to surprise me! My first ever surprise party. :)

My brother and his wife were even supposed to be here (I knew about that, but just thought it was a visit) but SIL had an OB appt yesterday and her doc told her that if she wants him to deliver her baby she needed to stay in town. She could pop anytime - he told her she could go within the hour or she could last two more weeks. I could even get a niece on my birthday!

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
That was a wonderful thing for Jason to do! I've never had a surprise party, though I have given a few.

·
Registered
6,054 Posts
How sweet! Did you have fun? Tell us more!

·
Registered
3,479 Posts
I think I would tell SIL you will forgive her for not coming but you expect that niece on your B-day now.

What a nice thing for Jason to do.

·
Registered
13,529 Posts
That's awfully sweet of him Melissa! I would love that - glad it was a surprise, and you enjoyed yourself too!

·
Registered
6,990 Posts
What a nice gesture! sounds fun! I think we need pics!! happy birthday (early in cas I miss it)

·
Registered
21,715 Posts
How sweet of him!! Happy upcoming Birthday, since I have to work Thurs. and don't want to miss the day!:)

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Very thoughtful and sweet of him!! I hope you get a niece for your Birthday. :)

·
Registered
6,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
We didn't even get a camera out, so no pictures.

I love Mexican food so he had chips and queso, chimichangas, margaritas... He bought an ice cream cake (my favorite) and one of my friends brought a regular cake.

I didn't even have a margarita though. One of my friends brought a bottle of Riesling and I had a bottle chilled already, so she and I split two bottles of Riesling!

We ate, drank, talked and played Wii. Low-key - the way I like things. =)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts