Just Labradors banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
11,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Movie: Chaos

Jason Statham plays a Seattle cop who has been suspended over hostage situation that ended up with the hostage being shot. But now a bank is being robbed by Wesley Snipes and he only wants to deal with Statham. So Statham is brought back on board and given Ryan Phillipe as a partner. The bank heist goes bad and the hunt is on for the bank robbers. Twists and hidden identies abound...

oh wait. Not really. I'm pretty sure you've seen this movie...in about 3 or 4 different movies (Office Space even) so I don't think you're really going to be surprised. Or maybe you will be.

I love Jason. Wish he would get a better agent, but he seems pigeon-holed into these types of movies. Ryan Phillipe? Whoa. Some seriously BAD acting in this one. Everyone seemed to be phoning in their performances. Meh...

2 1/2 STARS

MOVIE: Death Race

It is the future. Crime is up and prisons have been taken over by corporations. To make money from the criminals...they have started a reality show: Death Race. Several criminals compete in a car race with souped up cars (a la Road Warrior) and try to eliminate each other via weaponry or booby traps on the race track. Kinda cool!

Statham is a tough guy trying to turn his life around who is accused of a crime he didn't commit and is now in the prison system - but is offered his freedom if he will compete in Death Race and hopefully boost their ratings. Joan Allen (!?!) plays the producer/prison manager who you do NOT want to mess with.

I gotta say...the previews make this movie look ridiculous...but I really had a good time watching it. Gory vicious deaths and explosions, but I have to admit...I got into it. And Joan Allen? What is she doing in this movie? I have no idea, but she is one cold icy witch in this.

Try it - you just might have fun.

3 1/2 Stars

·
Registered
786 Posts
I love Jason Statham...I just drool all over when he is on screen. Love him in Bank Job.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts