Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure my Grand daughter Kristina won't mind, this was an e-mail from her mid afternoon ...

Hi Grampa,

Just a quick note to let you know how Mom is doing. Dad just came back from the hospital, during lunch. She is still severely sick and on life support (the breathing machine) and she is still sedated, but comes in and out. Dad, was lucky today to be able to talk to her and have her seem to understand him a little.

Doctors are waiting for some X-rays to be done to see if her lungs look any better. Her stats look good. They have her down to receiving only 40% oxygen and her blood oxygen is at 94-96. Her heart rate is down and her blood pressure is good. They might take her off of the breathing machine on Wednesday, we will find out more later today when the doctors get the results of her x-rays. Doctors say when she wakes up from this and the tubes are out, she will not remember anything that has happened to her for a week in the hospital. They also said if she continues to smoke after this she will get very sick again because her lungs are really damaged, and next time it will be to late to save her lungs.

She has a chance to better her health and have a 2nd or 3rd chance at life. Anyhow, I will let you know what is going on when we hear more. I love you guys, and please keep Mom in your prayers ...

Love Always,

Kristina

(This is Kristina, Jamie's only child)

[attachment deleted by admin]

·
Registered
4,020 Posts
Jim, your grandaughter is stunning! I'm so glad to hear that Jamie is doing a bit better. She and you will continue to be in my prayers and in my heart!

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
Continued prayers for Jamie and the family, Jim. May this make her stop smoking and let her lungs heal so she has many years left to enjoy grandchildren!

·
Registered
2,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mama3tikes said:
Jim, your grandaughter is stunning! I'm so glad to hear that Jamie is doing a bit better. She and you will continue to be in my prayers and in my heart!
You think so? Really? He he we kinda do too. But here's another one not quite so glamerous about 1 year and 2 months ago (2 months before her daughter Kaitlyn was born).

;D

[attachment deleted by admin]

·
Registered
7,352 Posts
Oh I am so glad she is doing better and I think Kristina's belly shot is adorable. IMHO women never look better than when they are pregnant.

Hugs to you and the family and prayers for continued improvement.

·
Registered
1,275 Posts
Wishing, hoping, and praying for a speedy and full recovery for Jamie.

·
Registered
7,781 Posts
Glad to hear she is improving. When do you think you will be able to go see her? It must be so hard not being there while this is going on.

·
Registered
6,118 Posts
Your grand-daughter (REALLY????) sounds like she has one hell of an impressive head on her shoulders. You must be rightfully extremely proud. Hope things continue to improve for your daughter, hang in there and be well.

·
Registered
7,052 Posts
Thanks for the update, Jim. I know you were hoping for better news. This will just take time. Just baby steps right now. I'll continue to pray for her complete recovery. Sure hope she will be able to quit smoking.

·
Registered
9,503 Posts
Continued prayers for her, Jim... I hope they can get her off the breathing machine wed. That would be wonderful!
Your granddaughter is just beautiful.

·
Registered
9,693 Posts
Prayers continue here too Jim! What a stunning family you have - what a NICE family you have - you and Carol have every right to be proud!

·
Registered
10,230 Posts
Thanks for the update It seems like some positive news at least I hope they can get her off the breathing machien Wednesday. We will keep her in our prayers.

·
Registered
6,676 Posts
Jim, glad to hear this news. Your grand daughter is stunning.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts