Just Labradors banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
About a week ago I noticed one of Jake's ears suddenly looked different than the other one!

Is this odd? When I first noticed it I inspected both ears and didn't see anything wrong - I though maybe he injured it or something but he is not bothered by it at all. Did one ear just grow and now flops over differently?

The one on the left in these photos is the one that looks different. It has a crease.

·
Registered
9,429 Posts
Mitzi's right ear also folds under (more pronounced than Jake's). It happened gradually, but I think it may be from when she had a hemotoma in the ear. It was normal until about age 2. The cartilage is thicker in that ear, but she has no ill effects from it.

T

·
0 Posts
I do believe their ears can look different if they have an infection. Since you are saying it happened suddenly, I would inspect it closely. Have you tried cleaning it out?

M

·
0 Posts
Maggie has one ear that sticks out most of the time. She seems to have small ears for a lab. I had them checked when we first brought her home. We got her from a family that couldn't keep her due to some family issues. We have her papers and all of her vet records saying she was healthy. Here are a few pictures of her ears. (she has never had any problems with infections or hearing)

·
Registered
29,548 Posts
How old is he? Sometimes as they grow the ear can end up creased like that. They usually out grow it.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Yeah, Rockets ears are small too, and small ones tend to stick out.
I've looked all over the internet and have seen many labs with small ears, so I don't give it much thought.

AKC says his ear should reach the inside corner of his eye, which it does. Still, it's small.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts