Just Labradors banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I strongly believe that I got a wrong first diagnosis. I still trust my vet, he just made a mistake, it happens.
I don't think Jake has HOD after all.
There is just no way. I have done quite a bit of research and Jake was and is just fine after a good days sleep and a couple of Rimadyl's.
He is back to normal! Oh yes, he is!
I do understand that it can be sometimes misdiagnosed and it actually will be Pano, which I believe he has.
Jake never had any swelling, he just acted like he hurt his paw/leg.
I did see the xray.
If he starts again, and hopefully he will continue to be fine, I will rob the money tree and take him to my other vet for a 2nd opinion.
My prayers were answered ;)

·
Registered
4,663 Posts
Just be aware that pano can come and go, be on/off for quite a few months until they eventually outgrow it-and yes, they do outgrow it. Also-the lameness/pain can shift from limb to limb. So he may limp on a front leg one week, then limp on a rear leg the next week-shifting lameness is a classic symptom of pano.
Java was diagnosed with pano at 5 months. A change of food, some Vit. C and a couple of months later she was fine.

Good luck!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.