Just Labradors banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
not good- my aunt/uncle and cousin are there.

sam- you know any details?

·
Registered
16,472 Posts
Here's the only thing I found on cnn.com

"news alert: At least six people are reported shot in Jacksonville, Florida, according to a local CNN affiliate TV station. CNN working to confirm details."

·
Registered
506 Posts
I am from Jax, I am getting news from my mom and the local stations that 6 people shot in Tallyrand (a part of downtown). Details are still being gathered.

·
Registered
6,788 Posts
CNN said it was in a neighborhood. None of the injuries are life threatening. And they aren't sure if the gunman was one of the injured or if he got away.

·
Registered
506 Posts
http://www.news4jax.com/news/13235609/detail.html

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- Police said six people were shot Tuesday afternoon at the corner of 11th and Jones streets in the Talleyrand area northeast of downtown.

Four of the victims were transported to Shands-Jacksonville Medical Center by ambulance and two drove themselves to the hospital. None of the victims were believed to have life-threatening injuries.

There was no immediate word on whether a gunman was at large or among the victims.

"We do not know, at this point, motive -- any reasons why this occurred or what this was all about," Jacksonville Sheriff's Office spokesman Ken Jefferson said.

Jefferson said investigators were talking two witnesses at two related scenes -- the intersection and a nearby home.

Residents of the area told Channel 4's Scott Johnson they are angry that so much violence occurs in neighborhood just east of the Haines Street Expressway -- less than one mile from R.L. Brown Elementary School.

D

·
0 Posts
Yikes! I am going to Jacksonville for a conference in June. Think I'll skip the sightseeing.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts