Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
3,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its not good. All weekend I just knew he was mine. Hed been here all week and fit in so well. Finally went out and got him his own cage, hed been sleeping in Maxs and I needed some place of his own so I could go out and not be trapped in the house.
I called AC this morning to see what the next step was. Not good, no more steps. The owner called in yesterday saying Jackson had been missing and they didnt know for how long. :mad: First of all, how the hell can you not know how long your dog has been missing. :mad: :mad: :mad: .My boys were so excited this mornign knowing today was the last day and he would be ours. AC informed me that we could meet here at my house so I wouldnt have to drive anywhere. He told me if he was a bit late, do not let them leave with him before he got here. And sure enough he was a bit late. The owners, and I use that word very lightly, showed up about 10 mins before AC got there.
They were so polite that we had taken him in ::) ::) . Their 2 kids had missed him so much. After days of the kids crying about their dog, they finally gave in and called AC. Im telling you it was so hard for me. I tried playing Misses Nice Girl, telling them Jackson fit so well here with us, and we loved him so much. Knowing my boys were going to be crushed when they got home from school. I bit my tongue until they mentioned their 2 kids have missed him and will be happy they got him back. I lost it right there. My boys have taken care of this dog for a week, we fed him, we brought him in, and **** it we love him. I asked them what happened to his leg weeks ago, the man spoke up and said he thought it was just a sprain and thought it would heal. I told him that I knew it was broke the first time I saw him standing out there soaking wet in the snow a week ago. I begged again to let us keep the dog. The man gets a tone with me, that I certainly didnt like and wished Billy was here to deal with him, but I stood my ground. He asked what kind of life could I give HIS dog with no fence, and all the trees cut down. ??? I swear thats what my face looked like. I said what do you mean what kind of life can I give him? He proceeded to tell me that he would probably run off with no fence and no tree to tie him to. I couldnt take it anymore after that. I began crying and talking in a very loud voice. At which point he demanded that I give his dog back and started to walk to the door of my house. I stepped in front of him and told him he wasnt leaving until AC got here. He didnt like that and demanded to see Jackson. I refused not knowing if he would scoop him up and run with him.
Finally after what seemed like forever AC showed up. He apologized for not being there on time and started talking to the couple. Well by now, theyve already been chewed out by me and not happy. AC gets all personal info and TELLS them they need to get the dog to the vet ASAP and the info passed to him. AC gave them a month to get Jackson fixed and on monthly meds. I begged AC to just leave him with me and told him what the couple said to me about Jackson. Dogs are personal property and sadly I can not keep him.
I had to go in and get him. If there was a secret door, I would have ran away with him. I know hes not going to get the care that he needs. I cried, oh God did I cry. After a couple minutes saying good bye, which certainly was not long enough, I had to take him out. I swear he just looked at me like, hey where am I going. Arent you coming. Please dont make me go back there. They put him in the truck and pulled away.
I told AC that if for some reason, and I dont care what that reason is, to let me know if he comes back. I know they wont take care of him, they didnt in the beginning.
I bought him his own collar, toys and a blanket. There was no way I was going to give that up. Its very quiet in here tonight, I miss my Jackson boy.

·
Registered
16,679 Posts
Oh gosh Rachel :'( I've got my water works going again...that sucks big time!!

I hope that he comes back to you :( Today could be the worst Monday of all time...

·
Registered
3,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I hope so too Stacey. But I fear the worst. A stronger chain, thicker rope. I miss him so much.

·
Registered
4,075 Posts
CRAP.. I thought for sure he'd found a better home with you. You did a wonderful thing and who knows maybe fate will bring him to you again.

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
I was thikning the same thing as Labdad. Sometimes things have a way of working out. Or you could help I think I saw some chain cutters around here somehwere.

·
Registered
3,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I hope so. And I hope that he remembers who loves him. If he comes back I will not be calling AC.

I got chain cutters here too.

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
Aw Rachel, I'm sorry. He'll always remember who loves him. Here's hoping that fate continues to work in his favor.

·
Registered
21,715 Posts
OH Jeez, I was so hoping Jackson had found a good home with you :'(-How is it more times then not, anymore it seems like the bad guys are winning! Sorry I'm just feeling like "WTF" today! Think I need to go hug my husband and pup!

·
Registered
6,666 Posts
Oh, I'm SO sorry. Poor Jackson. I hope you can get him again someday, and if not, I hope not having him for a week knocked some sense into his owners and they treat him like the good boy he is. (((hugs)))

·
Registered
5,503 Posts
Rachel, I'm crying too. How sad that Jackson had to be returned. You did all you could and all the right things. Jackson knows now what it feels to be loved. I am sure he will treasure it forever. I hope by some miracle he'll find his way back to you. :'(

·
Registered
2,962 Posts
I'm so sorry. That would have been just so hard - I sure hope Jackson has a little angel on his side and he gets away and finds his way back to you and your family.

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
I'm so so sorry Rachel. I know how much you and the boys loved Jackson. Maybe someday he'll find his way back home....and I mean your house, not theirs.

·
Registered
16,472 Posts
you did well...in that short time, you showed him love. Hope he can find love in his old home or that he can have a forever home w/you.

(((HUGS)))

1 - 20 of 35 Posts