Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
3,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Update 4: Yay, Jackson finally went poop. Down the hallway ::) . But I will take it anywhere he wanted to go at this point. Got it all cleaned up and all is well. I will update after the vet. Thank you all for the good thoughts you sent his way!

Update 3: Jackson did very well last night. Went into the crate with very minimal coaxing. No yelping which is good. I hate to say it but he may walk better on a leash then my others. He is still limping. Yesterday morning he ate breakfast, and then dinner and breakfast again this morning. He has yet to poop. Any idea what they may be? It has me worried. Looking forward to what the vet says tomorrow.

Update 2: Hubby just left the neighboors that thought they knew who "Cuj" belonged to. He said he just received the last phone call and all the dogs he thought this was are accounted for. Billy comes in the door and says it looks like he has found a new home. I really dont want to put signs up because to me it looks like he hasnt been taken care of. I will be taking him to the vet on Mon to see what they have to say about him. Going to add a few new pics of his leg I think is broke.

Update 1: Its been 4 hours since the guy behind us left and said he would return. Cuj is doing better on a leash and I did get him to pee. Worried about he hasnt poo-ed yet.
He is not dominant at all. He let all the dogs scarf water and waited patiently until they were done to get his own. He is still laying down mostly and hopping around on 3 legs when he gets up. Im not sure what I hope for anymore. It bothers me thinking that there is some kid out there upset cause his/her dog is gone. But then I think about how long he must have been limping on his paw for it to be smaller. I guess if he isnt claimed today we will see how well he does in a crate tonight.

While outside with my pups, I noticed a chocolate lab limping very bad. He was shivering from the cold and he was soaking wet from the snow. You could tell he had been outside for a long time. A short trip outside doesnt make my boys slopping wet.
I brought him in, dried him off and gave him some breakfast. His leg looks broke to me. Waiting to hear from his owners. If he is not wanted there, then he will be welcome here. Poor fella.

·
Registered
3,174 Posts
Re: We have a visitor this morning (lab)

Thank you for bringing him in and warming him up. I am assuming he has a tag?

·
Registered
16,679 Posts

awwww :-*

Give him a big smooch from me Rachel (and one for Diamond, Bear and Max too)

·
Registered
3,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

lablover said:
No tag :mad: . We thought he was from behind us. Miller has been over here before and we thought that was him. Billy went to their house and saw Miller in wagging his tail. That guy came over to see the dog and thinks he lives about 2 miles down the road :mad: . He went to the house and said he would be back. That was an hour ago :mad: . I told the guy that if they didnt want him I would take him. It pisses me off. If he was outside for this long, I wonder if his owners will take him to get his leg checked out? I told Billy that when he gets loose again (I know he will) that he would be right back over here.

·
Registered
3,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

AbbyandMolly said:
awwww :-*

Give him a big smooch from me Rachel (and one for Diamond, Bear and Max too)
You got it Stacey. He really is a friendly pup.
After talking to the guy behind us, I remember when the litter of pups was born close to a year ago. I remember the "breeder" and I use that name very very loosely here was getting rid of them at 4 weeks :eek: :eek: .

·
Registered
28,830 Posts

Oh I hope noone has thrown their lab away. :(
He's in good hands with you. Let us know what happens.

·
Registered
16,679 Posts

:eek:
If that's the case then it's a good thing this pup found you :)

Do we get to see a picture? You know how we love pictures lol

·
Registered
3,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

AbbyandMolly said:
:eek:
If that's the case then it's a good thing this pup found you :)

Do we get to see a picture? You know how we love pictures lol
Ok let me upload them. I only have 2 right now.

·
Registered
3,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Poor guy. All he has done is lay around. Im sure he had a very long and cold night. Still no owners, and Im hoping they dont come for him.

I tried to correct the red eye. Those are just computer generated spots on his face.

·
Registered
16,679 Posts
Re: We have a visitor this morning (lab) added 2 pics

Awwww he looks so sad :(

I'm so glad that he's inside with you Rachel. How do the boys like him and is Diamond under her table?

·
Registered
3,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

Diamond is under her table. Im thankful that she "allows" us to eat there ::) . I have the boys in the crate right now. With Bear just getting the clip and Cujo's ( ::) ) leg hurt I didnt want them in a scuffle.

·
Registered
6,990 Posts

Poor guy. Thank you for caring for him.

·
Registered
14,925 Posts

Poor boy. :( Glad you took him in. Hope he has a loving home and will be reunited with his family soon.

·
Registered
3,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

Emma the Lab said:
Poor boy. :( Glad you took him in. Hope he has a loving home and will be reunited with his family soon.
Ohh Veronica, I couldnt imagine someone having my pups and not giving them back, but I know they are taken care of here. He looks like hes a bit under feed and Im worried about his paw. I hope they dont come and get him.

·
Registered
2,775 Posts

Awwwwwwwwww Poor guy. That's sweet of you Rachel for taking him in.

Hope it's nothing too serious with his leg.

Smooches :-*

·
Registered
14,925 Posts

bearsmomma said:
Emma the Lab said:
Ohh Veronica, I couldnt imagine someone having my pups and not giving them back, but I know they are taken care of here. He looks like hes a bit under feed and Im worried about his paw. I hope they dont come and get him.
Oh boy Rachel I didn't read this post!
bearsmomma said:
lablover said:

No tag :mad: . We thought he was from behind us. Miller has been over here before and we thought that was him. Billy went to their house and saw Miller in wagging his tail. That guy came over to see the dog and thinks he lives about 2 miles down the road :mad: . He went to the house and said he would be back. That was an hour ago :mad: . I told the guy that if they didnt want him I would take him. It pisses me off. If he was outside for this long, I wonder if his owners will take him to get his leg checked out? I told Billy that when he gets loose again (I know he will) that he would be right back over here.
God you think I'm an idiot now! ::) It's obvious they don't care about him! I hope too they don't come and get him back! I thought he might just get lost and his owners were trying to find him!

Thank you for being so kind and taking him in. You are an angel! :-* :angel:

·
Registered
3,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

Emma the Lab said:
God you think I'm an idiot now! ::) It's obvious they don't care about him! I thought he might just get lost and his owners were trying to find him! Thank you for being so kind and taking him in. You are an angel! :-* :angel:
Not at all Veronica. Im thinking they dont either. Billy just looked at his paw and thinks its broke too. Our vet isnt open on the weekends, if they dont come for him I will take him in on Mon. Still nothing from the guy behind us or the owners. I dont know whether to be happy or mad.

·
Registered
14,925 Posts

Hope his leg will be OK! :( Does he seems to be in a lot of pain? Can he stand, walk on it?

·
Registered
3,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

Emma the Lab said:
Hope his leg will be OK! :( Does he seems to be in a lot of pain? Can he stand, walk on it?
No signs of pain. Meaning that hes not yelping when he lays it down flat. Hes not putting any kind of pressure on it at all. Hes getting around good on 3 legs. He did allow me to touch it and look at the underside of the paw.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts