Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't get them out of my mind. SO-so-so sad....

I can't imagine being in those shoes. I hope the day I need to bid Wesley farewell is dozens of healthy years from now... and even then, it'll seem too soon.

:'(

I don't know if I could come back here after Wesley went to the bridge. It would be heart-rending.

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
I certainly hope she sticks around. I would understand if she couldn't handle being here anymore though.

·
Registered
6,645 Posts
I feel the same way. I can't stop thinking about them. I am so sad for them. I've never lost a pet as an adult and I truly don't know how I will deal with it. My dogs are my heart.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
I think I missed something or else it's my memory
Go to Lab chat and read posts by Jackie/Amazongold.

I don't think she'll go anywhere. I hope. I think it would be comforting to stick around here. For me anyway.

So sad. :'( :'(

·
Registered
28,830 Posts
If Paddy were my only lab and I lost him so young as Jackie and Bill lost Shadow, I'd want to be especially close to my lab friends here. They would be the ones who would really understand the heartbreak and help me live through it. :(

·
Registered
10,007 Posts
It's hard to loose one, when I lost Midnite in 2002 I was in poor health and he was my close companion, I was home on bed rest the day we lost him. Rita came home from work, the kids did to and we took him to the farm and laid him to rest in a patch of restored prairie.

When everyone left the next day, I sat down and bawled, getting misty right now and yes I love Rowy as much and loved Rascal as much. I just would not wait 4 years after Rowdy was gone to get another on, big, black and male like I like.

·
Registered
10,664 Posts
When I had to put Maxie down, I was a wreck. Here I was in a new state ,didn't know too many people,it was just me,Lor and Maxie. I wish I knew about JL back then, people who don't love dogs don't understand.

·
Registered
12,586 Posts
Dan, I keep thinking about them too. I've been so depressed all day. Between that and volunteering at the adoption event this weekend, I'm feeling pretty down. :(

I hope they are doing alright. I remember those first few days and weeks. It will be three years since Crash left us in August, and I still cry.

Sometimes I look at Angus and Simon and think how much closer we are than I was even to Crash. How much more we do together, how much more time I spend with them. And I realize I will have to go through all that again one day...and it's going to be even harder. :'(

But the good times, the happy memories, giving them a wonderful life for as long as you can - that's what it's about. You have to live for that.

But it's so hard not to think about that eventual day when something like this brings it home for you.

·
Registered
29,548 Posts
It is heart wrenching to loose an old dog. However, it is both heart wrenching and gut wrenching to lose a young dog. You never get over it. I've lost 3 dogs under the age of 10 and I remember each and every death and each time I lost more of myself when I lost them.

I hope Jackie doesn't go anywhere.

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
every dog becomes such an intergral part of your life, even after just a few days and losing one so young as shadow would be as painful as losing a dog you may have had for 12 years. they have roots that sink into your heart and only get deeper with every glance of their soulful eyes to every action they do that either makes you want to pull out your hair or laugh your eyes out. i continue to keep jackie in my thoughs and hope that she comes back to JL because this is a great support of people who can help her through the rough times and celebrate the time she had with shadow. (((HUGS)))

·
Registered
6,666 Posts
My heart is just breaking for Jackie and Bill. You could feel the love they had for Shadow in their posts. I hope she sticks around.

·
Registered
16,472 Posts
I did see her post today in Randi's lab thread. Sad, but at least she is posting.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts