Just Labradors banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just found out the hardware down the street is dog friendly. I had not taken the kids in before, the store crew told me the next time I had them with me to bring them in. This morning Jack and Baby had their first shoppin trip. Baby did not do well on the tile floor, plus tools are not her thing. A couple of times she sat down and gave me "Just drop the leash, do what you gotta do and I will wait right here for you to return. Please. Jack on the other hand was 'niffin' everything, tail just a waggin. He was enjoying the smells. Did not hurt that they loved on both of them and gave them treats.

Had to go back. Jack was the only one who wanted to gofer. When we got into the parking lot, or because of his usual reaction, barking lot, he started to whine, snort, and work himself up into a how dare you leave me in the car fit.

I asked him do you want to come in and the look that came over his face was so cool. I wish I had my camera. There was quite a transformation. I can? Yes! I want to come in. His whole aura changed. He waited patiently to get his leash on and we jogged into the store and he was very good. Greeted the staff he knew and did not even try to make off with the potato chips.

It was interesting that the women who were shopping were very tight lipped and unfriendly, and the men were all gah-gah over him. Jack did very well.

·
Registered
12,420 Posts
What fun. Just think each time you go Baby will get more accepting of it. I'm glad Jack did so well, such a perfect gentleman!

·
Registered
28,830 Posts
Jack's always been a cool guy. I kinda laughed, though, that he still pitches a fit when you leave him in the vehicle. Some things just never change, do they. :)

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Awwwww Jack, you're so cute!! :)

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
Good on ya, Jack! You and Dad can do the guy stuff and Baby Girl can stay with Mom and do girly things.

·
Registered
8,472 Posts
When we go to Lowe's (mega hardware/lumber/appliance store, similar to Home Depot) I put a blanket in the bottom of a push cart's basket, Puff jumps in, and I wheel her through the store trying to avoid the tail constantly wagging in my face. Most people -- the clerks especially -- have big grins on their faces when they see her; a few shoppers put on their great stone face look.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts