Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Marathon on all weekend, I couldn't stop watching it. It was on constantly all day Sunday and all day Monday, I watched as I came in and out of the house. LOVE IT!! Missed the premiere lastnight though - how was it?

I found myself liking Kate. I was expecting to despise her after everything I've heard and read. She didn't come off as demanding of Jon as I thought she would. She came off as a frustrated mother at times, needing her husbands help with 8 kids.

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
I didn't see the premier yet (sitting in the TiVo queue). But Amy -- Have you watched prior seasons, or is this your first dose of Shrew Gosselin? I've seen all the prior episodes, and she is all over him: You're out of shape; you could use hair plugs; you suck as a father; you never help me in the manner in which I need (which I won't TELL you but force you to guess and then when you guess wrong, I'll SLAM you for it); you're immature; your clothes are stupid....

etc.

Of course, he LETS her say all these things, so it all becomes a chicken/egg mess.

I also think the show has jumped the proverbial shark, mostly when it became less about a working-class family struggling with an extraordinary birth and more about two gimme-gimme greedaholics whose main source of income became Reality Show Stars.

·
Registered
14,287 Posts
Amy, the kate from the premiere is a very different Kate. I hope they are both waking up and realizing what they are doing to each other, and their family. I've pretty much seen every episode, lol! I did like the premiere, but it made my heart ache for those kids. I hope they sort this out and realize that cameras 24/7 are not helping their family (other than monitarily) their family, which already has pretty crappy odds if you consider the statistics of divorce rates in couples with multiples. Keep it to yearly or bi-annual 1 hour specials. Get your lives in order.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No Dan, I didn't see every episode beginning from the early years, just whatever the marathon included. The kids were 3 & 4 in all the ones I saw yesterday, mostly 4 (as I said, I was in and out of the house so didn't watch them all). I think the first one I sat and watched the whole thing was the one where they visited the Crayola Factory in Easton.

The kids really seem to "enjoy" being on camera, but they have no idea. I think J&K should just walk away now before more harm is done.

Oh, I saw the episode where they picked up the pups. While I hate the fact they both admitted they knew nothing about dogs but were going to get 2 anyway, they seemed to catch on. Potty training, having the older girls feed them and take them out, crating. I was pissed, however, after Nala came home from surgery and the Jon let her run around the yard like a maniac. :mad:

·
Registered
10,636 Posts
you must have missed the shows where she slaps him, calls him fat and bald , tells him how stupid he is for not using a coupon and SCREAMS at him in public over and over and over again.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Uh yea, apparently I didn't see those. LOL

·
Registered
16,679 Posts
Amy, the kate from the premiere is a very different Kate. I hope they are both waking up and realizing what they are doing to each other, and their family. I've pretty much seen every episode, lol! I did like the premiere, but it made my heart ache for those kids. I hope they sort this out

I second all of that. The episode was extremely awkward to watch espeically at the end with them both on the chair (I like that chair btw!!) It wasn't hard to see that they are both hurting and that they both have issues that need to be worked out. I feel even worse for Cara and Mady, they are older and it's probably worse for them, their friends probably watch the show, and it's probably easier for them to "assume" things or even figure out what's going on.

Amy, the premiere is on again tonight at 8pm. You should watch!

·
Registered
6,114 Posts
You must have also missed the episodes where he is so incredibly passive aggressive that somebody needs to hit him with a rock and explain that you've got 8 freakin kids and it's time to grow up and stop acting like another petulant child.

I understand where her control issues come from. He needs to grow a set.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Oh wait! I did see where she yelled at him for buying something without a coupon. Nothing wrong with that. LOL

You must have also missed the episodes where he is so incredibly passive aggressive that somebody needs to hit him with a rock and explain that you've got 8 freakin kids and it's time to grow up and stop acting like another petulant child.
No, no, I did see those. That's why I said :
She didn't come off as demanding of Jon as I thought she would. She came off as a frustrated mother at times, needing her husbands help with 8 kids.
:)

OMG the hair transplant one! *hurk* I can't believe they showed the bloody scalp chunk. *hurk* I had no idea that's how it's done. *hurk*

·
Registered
4,824 Posts
Okay, I saw the premier last night, as well as bits & pieces of the marathon all weekend long. I'd seen many of the marathon episodes before from watching it other times.

It is clear that both parties have some fault & blame in their current situation. Jon needs to grow up & grow a set too. Kate, yes she is under alot of stress, but stop being such a smurfing shrew. You are supposed to be partners with your husband so stop treating him like he is another kid. I realize he acts like one of the kids sometimes, but geez you do not need to yell like you are possessed in public. There are somethings that should not be dealt with in public & most definitely not in the tone she takes with him more often than not.

On last nights epi I noticed a few things:

1) the very obvious uncomfort when they were both in the interview chair. It was almost like they wanted to crawl over the sides to avoid touching each other.

2) a comment by Kate during one of her individual interviews about "her being off doing what she is SUPPOSED to be doing" It came across like she did not believe Jon's assertations of not cheating.

3) I can see the point Jon makes in wanting to just be "Jon" not "Jon & Kate + 8", but as the saying goes "You've made your bed now you have lie in it!" If you want out that bad, then stop taping the show. The world will not stop spinning because you decide you've had enough.

4) Maybe Kate ought to stop touring on the book promo's & try being at home more. Might give them a chance to work out their problems.

·
Registered
26,306 Posts
I think the money is the only reason they are still going. You can't work out those kind of problems in the spotlight....and it's best for the kids to stop doing the show!!

·
Registered
4,485 Posts

I understand where her control issues come from. He needs to grow a set.

AMEN sista!! I wanted to slap the poop out of him last night. His tone, his expression, EVERYTHING reminded me of my ex when he was having an affair. Oh poor pitiful me, I need a break, I had to quit my job; blah blah blah. STFU and grow a set; get some counseling and get back into taking care of your freakin kids. Poor pitiful jon got married at 22 and had 8 kids by 27...and that life has brought you tons of money. No one said you had to do all you have done. I wanted to shake him last night. And sorry, but it's pretty typical of male ego....kate is running around with her book and he's home with the kids...ahhhhhhhhhh so sad. And he acts like he has no intentions of working through any of it...which means he DOES have a lady on the side. What an immature little boy.
As for her, they signed a contract so they have to finish this year. Otherwise, they need to stop and look after their family. Right now I can't blame her for keeping on if she thinks she is going to be a single mom raising those kids...she can't go back to nursing fulltime and needs income.
It's sad all the way around for those kids who they worked hard on bringing into this world. I hope Jon wakes up and becomes a man!

·
Registered
7,129 Posts
I think the money is the only reason they are still going. You can't work out those kind of problems in the spotlight....and it's best for the kids to stop doing the show!!
I think you are right. They're only sticking with this for the money--or else they'd have to sell their new swanky house, get "real" jobs (oh the horror), etc. They've (or at least Kate) has openly admitted that they do this for the money and that this is the easiest way to support their kids.

·
Registered
4,485 Posts
They signed a contract...that is why they have to keep going at least for this year. It was on the Today show this am.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yea, aren't they getting like $85,000 per episode, or something like that?

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
Kate during one of her individual interviews about "her being off doing what she is SUPPOSED to be doing"
She's SUPPOSED to be being a Mom, isn't she? Not a talkshow gadabout, book lecture headliner, autograph producer, or Oprah wannabe.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
She's SUPPOSED to be being a Mom, isn't she? Not a talkshow gadabout, book lecture headliner, autograph producer, or Oprah wannabe.
What - she's only allowed to wear her Mom hat? :)

1 - 20 of 95 Posts