Just Labradors banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It is really fun for an active choir director/accompanist to work under some OTHER vocal director/accompanist on a project.

All the stress and worry shift to the guy in charge. Pitch. Timing. Diction. Dynamics. Repeats. Attacks. They're all HIS concerns.

And all that remains is the fun: Settle into the score, toss the head back, open the gob, and SING!

:)

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
Oh I thought this may be one of those postings where all you wanted to do was complain about how horrible he is. It's nice to see that you aren't a diva. =P

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No complaints. He's excellent, both as director and accompanist. And can trump my dismal sight-reading skills in spades, something I noted way back during auditions.

·
Registered
4,824 Posts
That is great to hear Dan. Sounds like you are having a blast rehearsing for Fiddler & your role as Tevye!!

Public Service Announcement (lest you forget) ;) : "JL will be in da house for closing night"

:D :D :D

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
That is great to hear Dan. Sounds like you are having a blast rehearsing for Fiddler & your role as Tevye!!

Public Service Announcement (lest you forget) ;) : "JL will be in da house for closing night"
And they had BETTER have a video camera!!! ;) ;) ;)

·
Registered
28,830 Posts
Chorus work IS fun! Especially after you have all the lyrics nailed and start fooling around with the entire score to the point your musical director shouts "IVE HAD IT WITH YOU CLOWNS!" Yeah... clowns... wrong play, Mr. Director!

:p

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
We've already started, Nance. Someone was joshing about wanting to do "Bye Bye Birdie" with this cast. And things began to unspool from there: What about a BBB/FotR crossover?

Just think of the score!!

"One Last Bris"
"If I Were A Rich Mensch"
"Oh, Sweet Ap-ple" ((sung to the tune of "Anatevka")

1 - 9 of 9 Posts