Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
6,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
and all I can think about is the house burning down.

Seriously. I won't leave the house with the dryer going. I walk upstairs 3 times to make sure my curling iron's unplugged. But somehow cranking up an appliance all day cooking a slab of beef is supposed to be okay?

·
Registered
8,070 Posts
We're the same way! We end up cooking ours over night, then sticking it in the fridge to be reheated when we get home.

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
lol...me too...I hate to leave the crockpot when I know I will be gone all day. I am so paranoid.

·
Registered
8,070 Posts
I think I better go check on it for you... and if its gone when you get home, don't be alarmed, I was just saving you from an impending house fire.

·
Registered
4,486 Posts
lol; that makes no sense does it Melissa; but we all do it. enjoy your dinner...wish i had that to go home to tonight, too!

·
Registered
21,715 Posts
I would drive you all nuts! I leave with the dryer going, dishwasher on and the crock pot on! Oh and before you get all over me about Sammi being home by herself- because I know you would;) 9 x out of 10 she is with me, and if she isn't all that is left on is the radio for her to listen too:) Oh and I have chili in the crock pot as we speak and I'm leaving, oh and the laundry is also going:eek:

·
Registered
23,457 Posts
I feel weird about leaving the crock pot on, too, but then I tell myself that it is MADE to be on for hours and hours, unlike other applicances. I won't leave the washer, dryer, or dishwasher running if we go out and leave the dogs home.

·
Registered
124 Posts
I won't put the crock pot on and leave for the whole day..but I will use it on the weekends and if I have to run out for a little while I don't worry!!

·
Registered
3,479 Posts
I put mine in the sink (with the facuet on the other side) so if it catches fire it is contained by the stainless steel. OK just tell me I am paranoid I will agree with you.

·
Registered
11,446 Posts
I put mine in the sink (with the facuet on the other side) so if it catches fire it is contained by the stainless steel. OK just tell me I am paranoid I will agree with you.
LOL. That made me laugh. That is a good idea, though.

I don't have a washer/dryer, so those don't get left on, but I do leave the crockpot on when I leave. Neither of the dogs are countersurfers but it's the cat I worry about..! :eek:

·
Registered
7,129 Posts
I won't leave the oven, dryer, dishwasher, anything like that on, but the crockpot doesn't bother me as much. It probably drives the dogs crazy, though...they are usually frantic from all the good smells by the time I get home!

·
Registered
4,486 Posts
Interesting; never thought of that.

I never leave the dryer running or the dishwasher or washing machine. My friend lost her pets and her condo to a fire a few months back. After that, I got paranoid and started unplugging everything. Turns out someone walked by with a cig and tossed it. It was a very windy and dry day. A bush caught the roof and POOF everything went FAST.

·
Registered
10,664 Posts
(Annual homeowners insurance premium X number of years) - 1000 dollar deductible= crock pot on while out.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts