Just Labradors banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Aubrey climbed out of her crib this morning!!! She's also tried climbing a baby gate and onto a kitchen chair this week. Oy things are about to get real interesting in our house I have a feeling and she's not even 1 yet!

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
Michael and Jared started climbing out of their cribs at 9 months. I can still see Jared's "heh-heh-heh-look-at-me" grin as he did it. :D

·
Registered
13,418 Posts
i had to have two locking gates stacked on top of each other just to keep courtney in her room at night. she also figured out how to unlock and open the front door at the ripe old age of 17 months so i had to install chain locks to keep her in the house.

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
she also figured out how to unlock and open the front door at the ripe old age of 17 months so i had to install chain locks to keep her in the house.
OMG LOL!!!!

·
Registered
26,306 Posts
i had to have two locking gates stacked on top of each other just to keep courtney in her room at night. she also figured out how to unlock and open the front door at the ripe old age of 17 months so i had to install chain locks to keep her in the house.
LOL we had to do the same thing with ds to keep him in his room.!!!:D He did manage one day to get out and open the front door! :eek: How he did that I have no clue.

·
Registered
13,130 Posts
YIKES. I am thankful that Makenna never did that. We took her out of her crib when she was just over 2. Are you going to move her to a toddler bed? Most people do that when they start to climb. Good luck!

·
Registered
13,524 Posts
LOL we had to do the same thing with ds to keep him in his room.!!!:D He did manage one day to get out and open the front door! :eek: How he did that I have no clue.
I had one of those too. We put him in a toddler bed at 9 months because he could climb out of his crib. We had to double gate his room to keep him from getting out at night. When he was about 13 months old he figured out how to open the front door, and walked right outside (in his socks, in the snow :eek:). He was a scary baby, my second one was much more normal. :p

·
Registered
2,811 Posts
Oh my goodness! 19 month old Lanna has not figured that one out! She's not really a climber though, and walked late. I on the other hand, put my leg over the crib and fell out of it at 5 months old!

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
She's not walking on her own yet but she walks around stuff and will even transfer from one thing to another and loves to walk holding your fingers. She will try to pull herself up on everything too. I think I just need to move the matress down and take the bumper out because I'm pretty sure she stepped on the bumper and it made it easier to climb out. Hopefully that will hold her for a little longer. She is already trying to climb the steps too and we have a tri-level house so there are steps everywhere.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Thankfully Connor never did that either. He was in a toddler bed though at 18 months.

He is almost 3 1/2 and still doesn't know how to open his bedroom door. I love it!!! lol
He can however open the newer type door handles that stick out. But the older ones that you have to turn, he can't get the knob turned to open it. He can also open the slidding glass door now to go outside so we have to watch that. If I'm home with him alone and need to go upstairs I have to make sure to lock it.

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
Aubrey climbed out of her crib this morning!!! She's also tried climbing a baby gate and onto a kitchen chair this week. Oy things are about to get real interesting in our house I have a feeling and she's not even 1 yet!
Do not let her teach those tricks to my 22 month old son. My life would be way too insane if he could get out of his crib and up and over baby gates. :eek:

·
Registered
134 Posts
Ohhh wow, you have a precocious child. My kids did not get out of their bed until two and then they were put in a regular bed with a a little bed gate on the side that they could fall out of bed. Never had them ever fall out of bed. Well good luck to you, this too shall pass.

·
Registered
26,306 Posts
Also I remember waking up in the middle of the night and looking towards the bedroom door and seeing a small figure. His head resembled Charlie Brown's :D

ds was about 15 months then

·
Registered
113 Posts
Also I remember waking up in the middle of the night and looking towards the bedroom door and seeing a small figure. His head resembled Charlie Brown's :D

ds was about 15 months then
The Charlie Brown comment made me howl! Glad I wasn't drinking something at the time!

Bev.

·
Registered
6,054 Posts
I had one of those! DS was an escape artist at a very young age. He learned how to climb on the back of the sofa to reach the chain locks. :eek: My best friend brought him home one morning--before I was even out of bed--he was walking down the street in his footie pajamas, having climbed up the couch to unchain the door. I had to rearrange the furniture.
I also gave up on keeping in his crib, and just left the rail down.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts