Just Labradors banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last fall we bid and won a gift basket at a silent auction for dog rescue groups. In the basket was a blue rubber treat toy. It's cylindrical in shape about four inches long and 2 1/2 inches in diameter. The outside is knobbed with flat squares. One end has a very small rectangular slot and the other end has a circular opening with several rubber fingers pointing toward the center of the hole.
Each morning I give the boys each a standard Kong stuffed with treats in their crates. When we leave the boys go into their crates to play with their Kongs and we now leave the crate door open so they have free roam of the kitchen and den during the day.
They both thoroughly empty their Kongs everyday but that blue toy almost always still has a bit of treat left. Like the Kong it seems to be indestructible. As a game I always hide the blue toy somewhere clever but they always manage to find it during the day.
I would like to locate another one but I have searched and nothing similar shows up. I assume it was purchased locally but I have checked both the PetSmart and Petco web sites and have not found it yet.
Does anyone here recognize the toy I have described, and, if so, where can I locate one?
Thanks

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Neither of those two. It looks like an old WWII "pineapple" granade but with stright sides. Bearsdad, thats the right color but wrong toy.
I will get a photo of it tonight.
For fun I also want to figure out how to set up a time lapse camera so I can see which of the two boys goes hunting for the toy each morning.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I love all these different toys. I am forever on the hunt for different toys for Riley. The typical toys don't do it for him; he distroys them in no time flat. I found one like the one you described at a hunting supply store in the dog training section. What keeps the treats in are the prongs that go inward. Riley has learned that if he repeatedly drops the toy on the floor, the treats will come out. It is funny to see him carrying his toy around the house dropping it everywhere!! ;D

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Mel,
That is it or really lose to it. Who makes it and where did you find it? The only difference I can psooibly see is that on the one I have both ends are flat.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts