Just Labradors banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's very strange to be going to work for a job that I won't have in 9 days... I'm doing my best to remain pleasant with my Director and to get some work done (ie, what needs to be done and that's it!)... I still need a reference after all... and technically my last day isn't until the 31st so I can't lose it or I'll give them reason to fire me with cause and take away my severance, lol.

Next Monday I'm going out for drinks after work with some co-workers. I want to invite most of the office, but I'm trying to figure out a way to do it without inviting my boss... I don't think its a good idea for me to be drinking around her right now!

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
Yeah, that does sound like a tough one, Jo. I agree with Bob's suggestion though, perhaps invite those that you are close with at work?

·
Registered
44,122 Posts
I want to invite most of the office, but I'm trying to figure out a way to do it without inviting my boss...
Send them an email and ask they don't mention it to the boss. That's a reasonable request, I would think.

Hang in there!!

·
Registered
8,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Amy - I'm not putting ANYTHING in writing that could be taken the wrong way around here, lol.

I do think I will just mention it casually to a few over the course of this week. My hubby and a few girlfriends are gonna meet me out too, so its not just a work thing. But if everyone wants to come by me a martini, that's fine too!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts