Just Labradors banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's been 2 months since we brought Kolby home.. a LONG two months, full of learning and rearranging my place. ;)

I've pretty much figured out what I can and cannot leave out, so my place is pretty much bare except for the furniture.. Everything else is either back behind the 5' baby gate or way up high on top of the fridge or entertainment center.

We've been working on sit, down, stay, heel, etc with limited success, but he does most of it in time, just slooooow.

Yesterday he offered me a "shake" when I asked him to. My jaw just about hit the ground. I showered him with "good boy" 's and tried again. This time he took a little bit longer, but he did it. And again. And again. And again!

He's slow, but after two months of practicing every day, he FINALLY knows "shake!" :D I never thought I'd be so happy about one little command, but YAY!! :clap2::love:

·
Registered
6,118 Posts
Good boy Kolby!

Sometimes it takes a while, but isn't it a great feeling when it clicks and you know they really get it?

·
Registered
21,715 Posts
Good boy Kolby- Justine your hard work is and will continue to pay off, he is such a sweet boy!

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
Atta boy Kolby, we knew a brain was in there somewhere, lol! :D :D

·
Registered
12,586 Posts
Oh, that is so great!! Yes, it really is the little things. And they sometimes happen in such small bits of progress it's hard to see on a day-to-day basis.

I have to look back and try to remember what the boys could not yet do two or three years ago, and it really is amazing. I can remember watching advanced classes at the club do out of sight stays and thinking, "NO WAY." Even just a few months ago, I would not have thought I could get them to retrieve a dumbbell over a jump...I don't even really know how we got there, but they're doing it. :D When you think of the little increments of accomplishments, it gives you so much hope that you can do so much more, if you just keep putting one foot in front of the other and trying.

Kudos to Kolby! AND YOU!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts