Just Labradors banner

Its officially summer at our house!

472 views 18 replies 11 participants last post by  Di 
#1 ·
The top is off my jeep! Dinner out on the deck, a rack of ribs with grilled corn on the cob and salad. It's suppose to be in the 90's this weekend, just in time to start our 2 1/2 week vacation! Awww life is good:):) So what makes summer official at your house?

#3 ·
Di is running around topless?:eek:

#8 ·
Summer at our house, is nice hot weather, fireflies in the back yard, and BBQ invading my nose like a rogue fly.

#10 ·
Going to the local orchard on opening day - eating blueberries still warm from the sun until we feel sick, then using the rest to make ice cream for dessert :)

#13 ·
I'm listening to Christmas music!!

Well, previewing it, anyways.

Yup.

As a church choir director, I use the summers to schedule out repertoire for the coming season. Because our Chr Concert is a HUGE deal (many moving parts, lots of rehearsal, etc.), I get right on it when Choir returns in Sept.

Which means picking stuff in July/Aug.

"Joy to the world, the Lord is come..."

#17 ·
I would like to say summer has arrived in Maine, yet three weeks of rain (and another 10 days in the forecast) makes me feel as though it may never actually get here!

But, summer to us is eating all of our meals on the screened porch, dashing out to take a sunset cruise around the lake, and eating farm-fresh veggies.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.