Just Labradors banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
21,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The top is off my jeep! Dinner out on the deck, a rack of ribs with grilled corn on the cob and salad. It's suppose to be in the 90's this weekend, just in time to start our 2 1/2 week vacation! Awww life is good:):) So what makes summer official at your house?

·
Registered
10,719 Posts
Di is running around topless?:eek:

·
Registered
10,719 Posts

·
Registered
601 Posts
Summer at our house, is nice hot weather, fireflies in the back yard, and BBQ invading my nose like a rogue fly.

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
Going to the local orchard on opening day - eating blueberries still warm from the sun until we feel sick, then using the rest to make ice cream for dessert :)

·
Registered
4,486 Posts
summer came to the south a few months back but it's usually turning the a/c on...aside of that...my herb garden in bloom and tomatoes on the vine.

·
Registered
21,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Going to the local orchard on opening day - eating blueberries still warm from the sun until we feel sick, then using the rest to make ice cream for dessert :)
Yum! For us its huckleberries, but still the same- man I love summer:)

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
I'm listening to Christmas music!!

Well, previewing it, anyways.

Yup.

As a church choir director, I use the summers to schedule out repertoire for the coming season. Because our Chr Concert is a HUGE deal (many moving parts, lots of rehearsal, etc.), I get right on it when Choir returns in Sept.

Which means picking stuff in July/Aug.

"Joy to the world, the Lord is come..."

·
Registered
13,489 Posts
Summer is standing naked in the outside shower freezing your buns off! When it's hot enough to stay in for 2 minutes, you know it's summer!

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
Yum! For us its huckleberries, but still the same- man I love summer:)
Huckleberries!! We go to Montana every summer for a week or two and my Grandma makes the best huckleberry pie :) They'll always have a special place in my summer memories.

·
Registered
5,336 Posts
I would like to say summer has arrived in Maine, yet three weeks of rain (and another 10 days in the forecast) makes me feel as though it may never actually get here!

But, summer to us is eating all of our meals on the screened porch, dashing out to take a sunset cruise around the lake, and eating farm-fresh veggies.

·
Registered
21,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I'm listening to Christmas music!!

Well, previewing it, anyways.

Yup.

As a church choir director, I use the summers to schedule out repertoire for the coming season. Because our Chr Concert is a HUGE deal (many moving parts, lots of rehearsal, etc.), I get right on it when Choir returns in Sept.

Which means picking stuff in July/Aug.

"Joy to the world, the Lord is come..."
You are a brave man Dan, I would rather stick knives in my eyeballs! Heck I can barely listen to Christmas music in Dec.:D

1 - 19 of 19 Posts