Just Labradors banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The personalized license plates for our (new to me) 2006 Honda Civic Hybrid (4 dr) came in today so Puff and I drove down to the county treasurer's office to pick them up and put them on.

I asked JL for suggestions on what to say and got many.

I decided on LAB CAB since so much is dedicated to Puff's comfort.

The car has leather seats (for ease of my cleaning off Lab hair).

This car shuts off the passenger side air bag for weights under 80 lbs (Puff is 63) so it won't go off in a crash while she's sitting there -- her butt parked halfway up the fully reclined seat back and her front feet splayed out on the seat. (This posture happens at the start and end of trips, and for periods in between on long trips. Mostly, Puff stretches out on the back seat or sometimes sits up back there to monitor my driving.)

I installed plastic vent shades over the tops of all 4 side windows -- they let me lower all windows a couple inches from the top so air can flow in but any rain won't.

An aftermarket retracting moonroof was installed ($1200) so, when the car is parked in the sun, that will be opened and provide a chimney effect with the side windows -- keeping the inside air cooler while Puff waits for me in the car.

So, much has been tailored for Puff.

·
Registered
16,476 Posts
:D

do I win a prize? LOL

congratulations! sounds like a comfortable LAB CAB for sure!

·
Registered
868 Posts
Sounds like the perfect name. We are going to need pictures.

My daughter moved from the Illinois flatlands to North Carolina and put Lost Yank on her license plates. It fits; she and we are always lost in NC.

·
Registered
8,472 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
In Kansas, our personalized plates are restricted to a maximum of 7 characters or spaces.

So that ruled out a number of possibilities -- e.g., PUFS CAR would have come out on the plates as PUFSCAR which many would read as PUF SCAR or P U FSCAR or some such.

So LAB CAB seemed the clearest and best for us.

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
Bob, that's great! I used to know a woman with an Ontario plate that said the same thing. I think she had four labs.

·
Registered
10,257 Posts
You have certainly pimped Puff's wheels.

Good choice on the tag! If I'm ever in Kansas, I'll scan the highways....

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Great choice! Puff is one lucky dog - riding in style and comfort all the way. And she never has to take a turn behind the wheel either. Well, maybe while she is waiting for you in the car occasionally! :) Sounds like the perfect car too - good choice for both of you.

p.s. Thanks for the tip for storing the extra dog food too. Worked like a charm. :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts