Just Labradors banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
G

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I understand that if only one person in the house is on a diet that the other family members shouldn't have to suffer, but geesh! Tonight DW and I are sitting on the couch watching "House" on the TV, and during a comercial break she goes to the kitchen, comes back and sits on the couch right next to me with a big bowl of butter crunch ice cream, smothered with Hershy syrup! As I sit there and watch every delicious spoonfull go into her mouth, I am going crazy. I get up and go to the kitchen, grab a bowl from the cupboard and get the carton of ice cream from the freezer. I am just ready to put the scoop in the carton and I glance at the ingredients. Calories 240 grams and fat 7 grams, and that is for only 1/2 a cup! I sighed, put it in the freezer, and grabbed a stalk of celery. Life sucks when you're dieting :'(
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,418 Posts
i feel your pain. SU's favorite snack is nachos so he has them quite often. unfortunately it's one of my favs, too. :ugly:
 
G

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
CindersMyGirl said:
Eat the ice cream. What if you die in your sleep tonight?
:laugh: Never thought of it that way. Maybe I should buy a new Cadillac tomorrow, I might die before the first payment is due :laugh:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,146 Posts
Yeah. I know. DH was like this when I was trying to lose weight, too. He's a carb and sugar addict. And the doctor's orders were no sugar and no carbs.

Be strong. It will pay off.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
21,715 Posts
Gene I don't debrive myself anything, ok I have cut wayyyyyyyyyyyyy back on the wine, but if I want something I have it, just a much smaller portion then I might of had in the past! I know this doesn't work for everyone, but luckily It has been for me. I eat what everyone else does for meals, just smaller portions, just tonight I made mexican food, and it was so yummy- oh yeah I have also stopped any snacking after 8pm. This was my weakest part of the day, DH goes to bed, I'm bored, hanging out on the computer or reading, bring out the chips, they are my ice cream in life :laugh: :laugh: Well no more! You know what I've been sleeping so much better, so its a win win for me! Good luck and :no: beating the wife is not o.k! :laugh: :laugh:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
21,715 Posts
Hey Gene ignore my comment above, just saw your diet plan in Just losers! NOTHING white, what the hell- how can you do that- I admire your weight loss, but no way could I do that!! You have way more discipline, determination, strength, etc..... then I-- I salute you! :happy: Congrats on your success!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,114 Posts
I feel your pain. While my husband eats ice cream by the pallet, I haven't had dessert in like 12 years. When I feel like I'm getting cheated, I pull out my "Before" picture. Takes the edge off and probably keeps me from killing him.
 
G

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Golfgirlrobin said:
I feel your pain. While my husband eats ice cream by the pallet, I haven't had dessert in like 12 years. When I feel like I'm getting cheated, I pull out my "Before" picture. Takes the edge off and probably keeps me from killing him.
Killing DW is option #1, moving out of house, staying in a motel and getting a hooker is 0ption #2, going off diet is option #3, and throwing her sweets in the trash is option #4. Still deciding....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,656 Posts
Gene said:
CindersMyGirl said:
Eat the ice cream. What if you die in your sleep tonight?
:laugh: Never thought of it that way. Maybe I should buy a new Cadillac tomorrow, I might die before the first payment is due :laugh:
If you buy it without telling your wife the chances of you dying before the first payment go up exponentially. :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,418 Posts
CindersMyGirl said:
Gene said:
CindersMyGirl said:
Eat the ice cream. What if you die in your sleep tonight?
:laugh: Never thought of it that way. Maybe I should buy a new Cadillac tomorrow, I might die before the first payment is due :laugh:
If you buy it without telling your wife the chances of you dying before the first payment go up exponentially. :D
screw the cadillac. buy a vette. then you'll have an even better chance of dying before the first payment.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,656 Posts
Jinx said:
CindersMyGirl said:
Gene said:
CindersMyGirl said:
Eat the ice cream. What if you die in your sleep tonight?
:laugh: Never thought of it that way. Maybe I should buy a new Cadillac tomorrow, I might die before the first payment is due :laugh:
If you buy it without telling your wife the chances of you dying before the first payment go up exponentially. :D
screw the cadillac. buy a vette. then you'll have an even better chance of dying before the first payment.
Orrr.......he could screw IN the cadillac. That would probably add to the odds. Only if his wife wasn't in the cadillac with him, though.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
44,122 Posts
Calories 240 grams and fat 7 grams, and that is for only 1/2 a cup!
Is your wife thin, Gene? :nerd:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,418 Posts
CindersMyGirl said:
Jinx said:
CindersMyGirl said:
Gene said:
CindersMyGirl said:
Eat the ice cream. What if you die in your sleep tonight?
:laugh: Never thought of it that way. Maybe I should buy a new Cadillac tomorrow, I might die before the first payment is due :laugh:
If you buy it without telling your wife the chances of you dying before the first payment go up exponentially. :D
screw the cadillac. buy a vette. then you'll have an even better chance of dying before the first payment.
Orrr.......he could screw IN the cadillac. That would probably add to the odds. Only if his wife wasn't in the cadillac with him, though.
yeah, you'd have to be a short stick person and a contortionist to screw in a vette.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,656 Posts
Jinx said:
CindersMyGirl said:
Jinx said:
CindersMyGirl said:
Gene said:
CindersMyGirl said:
Eat the ice cream. What if you die in your sleep tonight?
:laugh: Never thought of it that way. Maybe I should buy a new Cadillac tomorrow, I might die before the first payment is due :laugh:
If you buy it without telling your wife the chances of you dying before the first payment go up exponentially. :D
screw the cadillac. buy a vette. then you'll have an even better chance of dying before the first payment.
Orrr.......he could screw IN the cadillac. That would probably add to the odds. Only if his wife wasn't in the cadillac with him, though.
yeah, you'd have to be a short stick person and a contortionist to screw in a vette.
Or realllllly horny.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,636 Posts
CindersMyGirl said:
Jinx said:
CindersMyGirl said:
Jinx said:
CindersMyGirl said:
Gene said:
CindersMyGirl said:
Eat the ice cream. What if you die in your sleep tonight?
:laugh: Never thought of it that way. Maybe I should buy a new Cadillac tomorrow, I might die before the first payment is due :laugh:
If you buy it without telling your wife the chances of you dying before the first payment go up exponentially. :D
screw the cadillac. buy a vette. then you'll have an even better chance of dying before the first payment.
Orrr.......he could screw IN the cadillac. That would probably add to the odds. Only if his wife wasn't in the cadillac with him, though.
yeah, you'd have to be a short stick person and a contortionist to screw in a vette.
Or realllllly horny.
and talented :embarrass:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,468 Posts
Find a substitute dessert for yourself that fits into your diet plans. I'm sorry I don't remember what direction you are following - low fat or low carb or just watching calories, but there are lots of things out there that you could work into you plan and enjoy while she has that huge bowl of sugar. Breyers makes Carb Smart ice cream bars - one that is vanilla ice cream covered in chocolate and the other is like a fudgesicle. Both are very good. And a company name Amberlyn makes some excellent sugar free chocolate (available online).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,629 Posts
Life is too short to suffer. Restrictive diets never last. Eat a few spoonfulls to satisfy the desire. No need to give it up copmpletely. Modration & portion control is the key. Making it forbidden fruit will make you crave it & focus on it more.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,114 Posts
eastcoastmom said:
Life is too short to suffer. Restrictive diets never last. Eat a few spoonfulls to satisfy the desire. No need to give it up copmpletely. Modration & portion control is the key. Making it forbidden fruit will make you crave it & focus on it more.
I read an article just yesterday that talked about this. Said some people are natural moderators and some are natural restrictors. Moderators feel more stress trying to give something up completely while restrictors can cut something out fairly easily but are completely stressed out by trying to have just a bite of something without not eating the entire container.

The trick, apparently, is to figure out which one you are. I'm a restrictor and live by the motto "It's easier to say no to the first cookie, than the second."
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,489 Posts
Blackjack said:
Find a substitute dessert for yourself that fits into your diet plans. I'm sorry I don't remember what direction you are following - low fat or low carb or just watching calories, but there are lots of things out there that you could work into you plan and enjoy while she has that huge bowl of sugar. Breyers makes Carb Smart ice cream bars - one that is vanilla ice cream covered in chocolate and the other is like a fudgesicle. Both are very good. And a company name Amberlyn makes some excellent sugar free chocolate (available online).
There's a recipe in the SB diet book to make your own ice cream.
 
1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Top